B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

New A4 owner, new to Audi

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 01:58 AM
1st Gear
Default New A4 owner, new to Audi

Just purchased a 2011 certified A4 premium model, my first Audi. So excited to be driving this vehicle. I've got a couple of questions though and hoping all you veterans can help me.

1. The manual says a good quality car wash shouldn't damage the paint. Is this true or should I stick to hand washing?

2. What are the best products for protecting the interior from Sun damage, especially the leather?

3. What are some tips to get the voice commands to be helpful? My iPhone is paired and the phone book pops up but I can't give it a voice command to actually call someone.

4. What is the best brand of oil fore to purchase to keep around to add oil to the vehicle when it is needed?

5. What does the gala function do on the sound system?

Thanks everyone!

Old 10-03-2013, 01:50 PM
1st Gear

I can't answer all your questions but here is my opinion on two of them.
#1 I live in the Pacific Northwest with a lot of snow last year and was frequenting the local car wash every few weeks. Much to my dismay when I clay barred and waxed my wife's Meteor Gray B8 there scratches running length of her hood. I have not tried to get them out with compound, but confidence factor is not high.

#5 I can't answer this question with great technical detail, but rather just give my personal opinion. When I purchased my 2010 B8 Avant the stereo was on Gala and it sounded terrible and was unable to adjust the stereo to my liking and then i discovered this setting in the MMI and turned it off. I was then able to adjust it to my liking. My wife is of the same opinion that Gala sucks.

Just my opinion for what it's worth.

Old 10-13-2013, 02:47 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Beachbrum
Just purchased a 2011 certified A4 premium model, my first Audi. So excited to be driving this vehicle. I've got a couple of questions though and hoping all you veterans can help me.

1. The manual says a good quality car wash shouldn't damage the paint. Is this true or should I stick to hand washing?

2. What are the best products for protecting the interior from Sun damage, especially the leather?

3. What are some tips to get the voice commands to be helpful? My iPhone is paired and the phone book pops up but I can't give it a voice command to actually call someone.

4. What is the best brand of oil fore to purchase to keep around to add oil to the vehicle when it is needed?

5. What does the gala function do on the sound system?

Thanks everyone!
Hi. I have a 2009 A-4 2.0T Quattro. I use Mobil 1 5W-30. Just any FYI. My Quattro burns a quart of oil every 1k in city driving and 1k every 1400-2000 highway. I do enjoy my Audi though.