B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

Looking to purchase a 2010 A4, please help

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 08:57 PM
1st Gear
Default Looking to purchase a 2010 A4, please help

I am currently in the market of my first German car. At the beginning of my search i was looking to purchase a 2010 VW GTI, but I just stubble over this sweet looking 2010 Audi A4 2.0T Premium with Sport Package.

Like I said before this will be my first german car, I know they are more pricey than my privies Japanese car. How much are the tune ups, oil change and mainteances cost? According to the private seller it's still under factory warranty 4yr/50000 miles. IS their anything that I should be looking for as major flaws or recalls in this specific model?

The car currently has 27,800 miles, new tires and the current owner has taken very good care of it.

The price the car is being sold for $24K

any feedback, or info is welcome...

thanks

Last edited by Roberto.S; 03-19-2012 at 12:07 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:07 AM
1st Gear

bump.....

47 viewers and no input, please post any feedback or issues to look for in the car

Old 03-19-2012, 10:53 AM
Banned

the cost to maintain these cars is no more than any other car. most of the bugs (coil packs and PCV valve) have been worked out by 2008 so this 2010 should be solid. great deal too.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:46 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by esandes
the cost to maintain these cars is no more than any other car. most of the bugs (coil packs and PCV valve) have been worked out by 2008 so this 2010 should be solid. great deal too.
I agree with this.

I just recently bought a 2010 premium w/sport package with about 18000 miles on it and can tell you I am very happy about the decision. 24k is a great price. I thought I had gotten a good deal around 27.5k.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:58 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Newbie88
I agree with this.

I just recently bought a 2010 premium w/sport package with about 18000 miles on it and can tell you I am very happy about the decision. 24k is a great price. I thought I had gotten a good deal around 27.5k.
Do you have any dislikes about your sport package how does the suspensions handles?

How good is Audi to cover any issues with the car? The reason I ask is because the car will have about 2 years left in the warranty.

Old 03-19-2012, 04:49 PM
1st Gear

I have had German cars for years - 12 VW's and now my wife and I both have Audis. The newer models, in particular, do not require that much servicing. The time between oil changes and tune-ups is much longer than older models and now the A4's do not even require changing the timing belt, which eliminates a very expensive maintainance item. My wife previously drove a Subaru Outback and it required far more maintainance than her A3. If you have the work performed at a dealer, as I do, nothing is particularly cheap, but my dealer gets it right the first time, which I appreciate. Your warranty will go to either 4 years or 50K and they are good about honoring problems covered under the warranty.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:15 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Roberto.S
Do you have any dislikes about your sport package how does the suspensions handles?

How good is Audi to cover any issues with the car? The reason I ask is because the car will have about 2 years left in the warranty.
Zero dislikes on the sport package. My decision came down to a prem + vs. a premium w/sport package. Love the wheels, suspension, seats, and steering wheel. It handles really well, though the ride is rougher than the non-sport. I swapped out the summer tires for some all seasons which increased ride comfort but decreased the feel in the corners some.

One thing I would make sure to check is the maintenance history from the carfax. Make sure the car does not have the dreaded oil consumption problem....

Old 03-20-2012, 04:37 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Newbie88
Zero dislikes on the sport package. My decision came down to a prem + vs. a premium w/sport package. Love the wheels, suspension, seats, and steering wheel. It handles really well, though the ride is rougher than the non-sport. I swapped out the summer tires for some all seasons which increased ride comfort but decreased the feel in the corners some.

One thing I would make sure to check is the maintenance history from the carfax. Make sure the car does not have the dreaded oil consumption problem....
How long have you had your car for? what do you mean by the "dreaded oil consumption problem" is that something that would be noted down on the car maintenance history?

according to the current owner its about to end its leas, but he will payoff it off with his own money once he find a buyer and will have the title within 3 days. Is this correct?

Old 03-20-2012, 04:53 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Roberto.S
How long have you had your car for? what do you mean by the "dreaded oil consumption problem" is that something that would be noted down on the car maintenance history?

according to the current owner its about to end its leas, but he will payoff it off with his own money once he find a buyer and will have the title within 3 days. Is this correct?
I've only had it for a couple of months now. No problems so far. Google "oil consumption audi a4" and you can read up on the problems. Basically some issues with engine parts installed on some 09/10 audi a4s.

When looking at the carfax, if you see something like an oil change, topping off fluids, etc every 1-3k miles followed by a compression test, chance are the car has oil consumption issues and I would stay away.

As for the deal with the owner, I've only ever bought from dealers or people who already owned the car outright...

Old 03-21-2012, 10:43 PM
1st Gear

Does Audi offer free maintenance on 2010 models?

Quick Reply: Looking to purchase a 2010 A4, please help