B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

Kudos to dealer!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 07:00 PM
1st Gear
Default Kudos to dealer!!

Three years after purchasing a new ’09 A4 Prestige, I started noticing the “add oil” message was coming on more frequently. I started keeping a log, and when the message appeared after only 800 miles, called the dealer. This is the same dealer that had completed every service, oil change, and warranty repair, so they were familiar with our car.

The recommendation was for the Consumption Test, and after reading this forum, became well educated with the issue at hand. Our car had over 76k miles by now, and I paid the $750 for the new valve and software update. The message came on again 1200 miles, which the dealer said was within specs. You all know where this is going.

I kept a photographic log of the trip meter/odometer and date when the message came up. After 5200 miles, and 7 quarts added, I took it back to the dealer where a second consumption test was performed. The service manager told me to come back in after 650 miles regardless if the message light came on. It did, at 447 miles. Dropped it off today, and the dealer said she was burning 1.8 qts per 1000 miles.

After a tense couple of hours waiting for a response from the tech department, the service manager came out and told me Audi would pick up the tab to replace the pistons, rings, and valves it there was any wear. And they provided me with a new Q5 S series while my A4 is in the shop.

I can’t tell you after reading all the horror stories about these 2.0T oil consumption issues, how concerned I was. We just finished paying her off, and the last thing I wanted was to incur a new payment or a 10k repair bill. Maybe I can chalk this up to being a loyal customer, but either way, Audi stepped up to the plate this time and is really taking care of us!

Good Job Larson Audi in Fife, WA!!!

Old 03-19-2013, 09:24 AM
Tech Certified

yes, audi is doing this all over america, our dealer is doing about 13 of these a week.

what happened was the pisotn rings that audi ordered from the supplier shipped the wrong size to audi, audi assumed their respected supplier would not make this mistake but they did.

oil consumption is even a problem in the 2.0 T litre belt drive motors in the B7's

but glad you're happy and glad to know that other Audi dealers are taking care of the customers!!

Old 05-13-2013, 12:05 AM
1st Gear

We just bought a used 09 A4 2.0t Quattro with 62k miles from the dealership I work at in San Antonio. The previous owner who traded it in had some service done through our KIA dealership, which we sent to Cavender Audi obviously. One of the issues has been the oil level sensor coming on, which is one reason it was sent to Cavender Audi. They couldn't find anything wrong with the car supposedly. We thought it was a bad sensor, but I have had to add 2 qts of oil in the past 2 weeks we have owned the car. I have also noticed that there is black smoke coming from the exhaust on acceleration in stop and go traffic. Is Audi stepping up for used car owners or just new car owners? My wife loves the Audi and eventually wants to buy a new one. I am curious about this since the extended warranty we purchased excludes oil consumption from the warranty.....