B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

I'm Having A HArd Time Feeling The Love..

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 10:31 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jaystsx
I'm debating between A4 (Avant or Sedan), GTI (~$15,000 cheaper), or G35. I'm leaning toward GTI though simply due cost (plus the GTI is a heck of a car).
That's awesome about the tax benefits. Go for the A4 if you can swing it, you won't be disappointed. GTI is a great car, one thing to keep in mind that is you might outgrow it (depending on your situation, which is none of my business). I had a 2005 Subaru which I loved to death but couldn't keep. In hind sight I wish I had bought a more practical car... would have saved me an Audi payment Haha. If you like the G35, you might also want to consider the Maxima I have a friend that has a new one and it is a pretty sweet ride.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:27 PM
1st Gear

If you're considering the GTI why not throw the A3/S3 in there. Its built on the same platform. A4 and G35 is a bigger car and altogether different class.

Old 10-21-2010, 11:37 PM
1st Gear

Well I know the first 18 months or so the A4 B8 had some issues with steering shudder and something with the 2.0TFSI (211hp) having some sort of weird problem (not all just a few) but that is normal with a totally new design. The A4 (A3,A5,A6,A7,A8 need I go on!) are some of the best cars made today! In the world of Car makers going broke, VW/Audi is one of the VERY few who still turn a HUGE profit. Why? Because overall their models are the best out there right now.

As far as an 8 speed, I do not know if it is good or not. I love my 6 speed manual in my "old" A4 B7!

Old 10-22-2010, 12:06 AM
Banned

just a quick browse indicates more trips (generally speaking) to the service shop by the German cars than Japanese (Which is the original intent of the post).
toyota just recalled a few million more of their little shitboxes today. so go buy yourself a bmw-wannabe lexus and drive it off a cliff it makes you feel better or troll lexusworld.com and blog about how bad audis are even though you've never owned one. put that in your consumer reports or JD power survey pipe and smoke it.

Old 10-22-2010, 02:08 PM
5th Gear

forget the G35. drive my buddy's and there was nothing outstanding about it. it's less comfortable and not much faster. only thing i liked was the less body roll during cornering but then again it's a sports car, not a sporty family sedan.

as an A4 owner, i say you get the A4 lol

Old 10-23-2010, 02:13 AM
1st Gear

I love that the first responder to this thread was a douchey one....I also love that the second responder said "love/hate"...(I didn't read the rest of the thread )

Love/Hate is how I feel about my relationship with my current vehicle. It is almost unexplainable, and kind of sad for the brand...

..but here is the truth, at least coming from a 4 model driver....

You got to drive the **** out of it to appreciate it. There are 2 reasons why:

1) You rent and/or drive something else that proports itself to be "performance", say the sport model of a Subaru Imprezza (or any other model where jackasses are going to tell you they get the same performance for half the price), you will immediately understand.

2) It's gonna break. You WILL wonder why it costs twice as much to fix it. If you drove the hell out of it, the price won't **** you off so bad...I don't know how guys that drive a A6 or an A8 justify it other than the "cost of doing business as a fat-white-man/Catholic school graduate Soccer Mom".....but if you beat it around the curves and really jump it off the lights, you'll know you got your money's worth

my A4 moves like a go-cart at the county fair. And every second I drive like a granny, I feel like I am diminishing returns.

Last edited by SlackJaw; 10-23-2010 at 02:21 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:37 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by esandes
toyota just recalled a few million more of their little shitboxes today. so go buy yourself a bmw-wannabe lexus and drive it off a cliff it makes you feel better or troll lexusworld.com and blog about how bad audis are even though you've never owned one. put that in your consumer reports or JD power survey pipe and smoke it.
Such hostility.....

Old 10-23-2010, 05:44 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ADK_audi
That's awesome about the tax benefits. Go for the A4 if you can swing it, you won't be disappointed. GTI is a great car, one thing to keep in mind that is you might outgrow it (depending on your situation, which is none of my business). I had a 2005 Subaru which I loved to death but couldn't keep. In hind sight I wish I had bought a more practical car... would have saved me an Audi payment Haha. If you like the G35, you might also want to consider the Maxima I have a friend that has a new one and it is a pretty sweet ride.
I'm sure I'd end up being happy with either car. About the GTI, I'm actually going the other way, family is getting smaller now - next year we'll have one left in the house.

Also thought about A3, but for the money (similarly equiped), I don't see a whole lot difference in price.

Agree as well G35/Maxima debate...if I went that route it would be a year or two used model since they depreciate like a rock the first couple of years.

Old 10-24-2010, 03:19 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by hiwords
forget the G35. drive my buddy's and there was nothing outstanding about it. it's less comfortable and not much faster. only thing i liked was the less body roll during cornering but then again it's a sports car, not a sporty family sedan.
Are you mistaking the G for the M? The G rolls like an ocean. A Maxima has a stiffer suspension. I think the sport suspension on the A4 is even better still. If you were thinking of the M, I agree with your assessment.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:16 PM
Banned

Such hostility.....
man up! you're in the military.

ps. honda just recalled a few hundred thousand too.

Quick Reply: I'm Having A HArd Time Feeling The Love..