B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

How will moving from 17" to 19" Tires affect my ride

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 04:59 PM
1st Gear
Default How will moving from 17" to 19" Tires affect my ride

Hello Experts.

I recently purchased an A4 (Today ) and wanted to change from the stock 17" rims and tires to some 19". I am thinking about 245/35 R19.

Someone was telling me if I go so large that the vehicle will ride rough with those tires. So my question is what are f your experiences in driving A4's with the 19" specs I listed above?

The audi I got has quarto so I am not sure how it will also affect that.

Thanks in advance for the welcomed feedback.

Dallr

Old 12-11-2014, 06:41 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by dallr
Hello Experts.

I recently purchased an A4 (Today ) and wanted to change from the stock 17" rims and tires to some 19". I am thinking about 245/35 R19.

Someone was telling me if I go so large that the vehicle will ride rough with those tires. So my question is what are f your experiences in driving A4's with the 19" specs I listed above?

The audi I got has quarto so I am not sure how it will also affect that.

Thanks in advance for the welcomed feedback.

Dallr
Do we assume you will be using tires of the same diameter as the 17" ones. The ride may be a little firmer but as long as you have same tire size overall and the same wheel off set you should not have a problem.

Old 12-12-2014, 04:33 PM
3rd Gear

As you increase the rim size, you have to decrease the profile ratio to maintain the same outer diameter. A thinner sidewall means a slightly harsher ride and possibly more road noise. The other downside - it is easier to blow a thin sidewall tire when hitting a pot hole. If you live in the south, the roads are generally good enough, but in the north the winter wreaks havoc with roads and pot holes abound in the spring.

Old 12-13-2014, 03:59 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the feedback guys. Much appreciated.