B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

How to change Fog Light Bulbs on a 2010 A4 (B8)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 12:22 AM
1st Gear
Red face How to change Fog Light Bulbs on a 2010 A4 (B8)

Hey Everyone,

I am new here and new to this forum thing. I just got my new Audi A4 2010 on Friday and not too impressed with the lighting output of the foglights..

Anyhow, I have searched high and low and even in the owner's manual.. I apologize if someone else even asked in the past but here it goes...

How the heck do you change the foglight bulbs on a 2010 Audi A4 ?? I even searched for a 2009 ... I think they are the "same"?

Reason: I want to swap it with the Old Hids that I had installed from my old 2006 Acura TSX foglights. (They are yellow)

Any feedback (positive) will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks alot for your time and help

Cloudz10

Old 11-05-2009, 06:41 AM
1st Gear
Default replacement of fog light

well, i do have a 2009 audi a4 b8 ... and the foglights that it came in are yellowish.. the manual shows that you need to pull the light out from the front but thats not the case....

the only way i got to change was from the back .. where the front wheels are ...

there are few screws you need to open upthe covers within the wheel axle front before you can gain access in to the foglight from the back of it .

as indicated from my manual the bulbs are h4 but when i remove the bulbs ... unfortunately it was a h11 bulbs for my foglights ....

hope this helps

Old 11-07-2009, 02:26 PM

They are H11 bulbs. You can buy H11 HID bulbs on the internet. Simply plug in your existing connection and mount the ballasts and you are good to go. the color that the Audi A4 comes with stock is the 4300K HID lights. I would order the fog lights that color and then they will both match. Hope this helps.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:54 PM
1st Gear

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your reply... I actually figured out the procedure.. it is quite simple once you know it... on the upper part of the grill around the fog lights, there are 2 openings. You insert a screwdriver to unsnap the locks of the grill, take out the grill and you will now have access to the screws for the fog itself. I have installed 3k H11s instead of the oem... so much better! Make sure to readjust the level of the "beam" because I left it as is and I tested with my friend driving in front and was blinding him... just a fyi in case you are stuck behind a police and dont want the harassment to pull you over

Old 11-18-2009, 02:08 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs up

Cloudz, here's a 'way to go' for checking the alignment of your lights. What we DON'T need are any more of our own blasting everyone with misaimed/unfocused bright lights.
Thanks for doing the responsible thing.
Moon
ETA-
Good tip on how to access the foglights. I hate to drop $100 on a shop manual, tho' I may, still.
M

Old 11-20-2009, 12:45 AM
1st Gear

Hey HalfMoon,

No worries, I have readjusted it as soon as I have installed it .. Now I drive only with the Hids and the LEDs

Cheers~

Cloudz10

Last edited by Cloudz10; 11-20-2009 at 12:48 AM.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:32 PM
1st Gear

Hi friends .. mine is a A4 b8 2010. Just a little question ? My crystal lenses of the yellowish foglights are like dirty, are not that crystal clear anymore. I believe is some static because de weather or something. Removing the foglights as you perfectly told above, permit to perform some kind of cleaning ?

Old 11-05-2010, 10:51 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Yuyo1977
Hi friends .. mine is a A4 b8 2010. Just a little question ? My crystal lenses of the yellowish foglights are like dirty, are not that crystal clear anymore. I believe is some static because de weather or something. Removing the foglights as you perfectly told above, permit to perform some kind of cleaning ?
Hey yuyo1977, after you remove the covers that go ontop of your foglights, just a few snaps but watch out not to break the clips, the foglight lenses are fully exposed so you will have access to clean up the glass... hope this helps

Old 11-06-2010, 09:02 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Cloudz10
Hey yuyo1977, after you remove the covers that go ontop of your foglights, just a few snaps but watch out not to break the clips, the foglight lenses are fully exposed so you will have access to clean up the glass... hope this helps
THANXX! so much ! thats great news .. the bad news is that I do Broke the clips .. anyway, Im trying with some pro dude this monday, but is great to know lights get full exposed, so i will clean the lenses.

Regards,

Old 12-27-2010, 03:29 PM
1st Gear
Exclamation HID kit for main lights.

Help, I know this thread is on the fog light assembly but thought it might be of some resemblance also. I recently purchased a 2010 A4. 2.0T with the standard Halogen main light assembly. I got a HID conversion kit for both the low beam and high beam lights and know where I can install the ballasts however in looking at the lamp assembly it seems like it is going to be a bit difficult to place the new bulbs in and have the wires needed hanging out from the dust covers without compromising the covers themselves. Has anyone done anything yet to get this to work without compromising the factory dust covers or how even by making a minor modification to the assembly? I know that I could go out and buy a whole new (factory type) lamp assembly that has the built in HID kit but at the $1k (US) price I question my self for the value. (is it worth the $1K)

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: How to change Fog Light Bulbs on a 2010 A4 (B8)