B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

First problem w/ the 09 A4 2.0T

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 08:41 PM

ok so i got a call back today after dropping my car off on tuesday morning and the guy at Audi North Scottsdale told me that they put the "electronic ear" up to the turbo and that is what seems to be the problem... the exhaust fan/turbine more specifically.... and he said that they are trying to find another turbo that they can compare or something... but the bottom line is that the turbo is messed up just as i had thought.... now if u look back on my earlier post Audi Chandler told me that it was the cellenoid's for the valve's clicking which was clearly a line of bs... what should i do about this.... should i go back to Audi Chandler and bring them the service report once i get my car back from Audi North Scottdale and complain... what can i do?.. go in there and say i have proof that u guys are a bunch of liars... should i demand anything?... free services.... i almost dont even want them touching my car anymore... i will keep u guys posted on what is wrong with my car once they dive a little deeper into it...

Old 10-10-2009, 09:57 PM

i also forgot to mention that i have an '07 a4 loaner and i hate it.... this thing has frontrak with the cvt tranny.... the frontrak has the worst torque-steer and it doesnt return back to center it just keeps going where ever it had been pointed... and i hate how the cvt launches...it almost engages like a manual, and i just hate the idea of the thing... and as for the built quality...the b8 is leaps and bounds superior to the b7...the inside of the b7 i think looks like a vw with and audi steering wheel... the quality is just **** poor... the 09 a4 interor is like the older..like '06...a6 on the inside..which is far superior to previous a6's and a4's... so overall i think the b7 is a piece of crap.... sorry any b7 drivers... and i can't wait to get my b8 back

Old 10-31-2009, 12:38 AM

so i got my car back a few days ago and the tech at Audi North Scottsdale told me that they replaced my turbo with a new complete one that was updated... he said that they made the upgraded turbos with a tighter tolerance or something in the turbine because some other people were complaining about a noise as well... so that eliminated some of the noise and i can hear the turbo spooling up at lower rpms too... its like before it dont build up boost until higher engine speeds... so the new turbo is nicer...but the bad news is that their is still sort of a "cackle" made by the exhaust going through the exhaust system... so i have to live with that... if any of you hear an unpleasant noise coming from under your car when u accelerate... thats what it is...

Old 11-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Certified

Geez, I'm glad i live no where near you........

You have no patience or compassion for people. The person working on your car is a human being most likely supporting a family.

He did not design the car.... and Audi warranty pay a basic minimum to diagnose. So for him to chase a wierd noise trying to fix your car and make you happy... Audi isn't paying him unless he replaces something. And if he can't find anything to replace he is working for free, Then your not happy and you give him a bad survey, the bad survey cost him his bonus for the month, So he out money..... worked for free. His service manager is in his *** cause your in his. All because Audi may have a design flaw that they don't know how to fix yet.

Funny how the world works... While your driving you 45,000.00 Audi.... I in fact own a Toyota

Last edited by Audi Tek; 11-01-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:54 PM

ok, "Audi Tek" where do I begin.... first off the main thing about this whole ordeal was that i was LIED to at the first dealership i went to...how would you feel if you took your car in and they lied to you just to get you out of their hair?!? huh... if you take the time to read my earlier posts you will see that they concocted a story about the noise that i am hearing, and i soon find out that what they told me was a complete lie... and the second thing.. i am not filling out any bad surveys that would hurt somebodies track record..i am just happy i got my turbo replaced with an upgraded one that doesnt rattle.... so dont assume i am going to fill out some survey that is going to ruin some guys month....and as for the design flaw.. how is audi going to find out that they have design flaws unless people like me take their cars in with problems?... and lastly i got my 09' a4 for 30k...so your whole post is just misconceptions and wrong assumptions so why dont you just keep your comments to yourself.. this isnt facebook... we r here to talk about our audi's and not to attack other members...