B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

Disappointed with Audi A4 2009 model

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by marlon
Now I think Audi made a mistake by making the new 2009 model A4 as a family car. The car definitely lost its youth appeal and sports finishing.
Ha, I'm looking for a new B8 because Audi made it bigger and more family-oriented! Then again, I married with two children. Maybe once I get one other Audi drivers will stop tossing me The Shocker as they pass.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:03 PM

I have to admit I love the A4 styling but was a little disappointed it had grown so much over my old 2001. That all went away last night as I was able to comfortable deliver several full size drunk friends home safely and with plenty of room to spare...

Old 01-05-2009, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by piotrowr
hum, did you have to do anything special? I plugged it in and the ipod powered up but didn't have the "connected" displayed like when you link it to your pc. Will try again. It's only about a year old, latest generation...
hope it's not a cable issue.
I have the same problem, the ipod charges but isn't recognized by the interface. tried 2 different nano's. my dads 80gb video ipod worked when we hooked it up in the showroom but not luck for mine. Anyone have a solution?

Old 01-06-2009, 10:51 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by lilOUmikey
I have the same problem, the ipod charges but isn't recognized by the interface. tried 2 different nano's. my dads 80gb video ipod worked when we hooked it up in the showroom but not luck for mine. Anyone have a solution?
There are multiple cables for different generation ipods:

http://iamaudi.com/audi-i-pod-adapter/

Get with dealer to provide you with the correct one...am still awaiting one with blue grommet for my 6 gen ipod, hope that resolved it for me. Currently I have the black grommet cable which does what you describe.

Old 09-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Default I hated my 2009 A4 2.0T Premium

I loved my 2007 A4 2.0T with premium, and convenience packages. In fact, I absolutely loved it. It had everything I needed. It was so equipped, and the best buy. I wish I still had it.

But, I traded into a new 2009 A4 2.0T because I had become used to getting a new car every 3 years. And then, little things changed, and I hated it.

The plastics seemed cheaper. It was bigger, but not as luxurious. It felt like driving a nicer Ford Taurus. The paint wasn't as deep and vivid, and the options that made me love Audi had been removed and placed in more expensive models that didn't offer the same value.

Why doesn't every Audi offer automatic headlights? Xenons? A 6 disc changer and iPod interface? Instead of trying to build a 'family car' and price it for mass production, stay true to your name and build the best car possible and price it accordingly.

The little things (that matter) made me hate the 2009 model. It just seemed lower quality. The stitching on the steering wheel wasn't as nice. The sound system was decent, but lacked the functionality of the previous model. The iPod adapter was nearly $70. The seats were less stylish and less comfortable. The plastic dash was extremely flimsy.

I traded it for a certified BMW 528i. I'm very happy with my latest purchase. This recent 2009 A4 seemed more 'Japanese' than the usual german sport luxury I was acustomed to. If anyone else feels the same way, please chime in. I wish I still had my 2007 A4 2.0T, fully loaded, but those days are gone. My mistake. I miss that car so much. If Audi wants to go the way of Toyota, then they are on that road. But if they want to remain true to the discerning buyer such as myself, then they need to build cars the way my 2007 A4 was built.

The 2009 models are released in Premium, Premium Plus, and Prestige trims now. This was a mistake in my opinion. Removing options from the premium package and placing them in Premium Plus and Prestige trims (which require you to get other things you dont neccessarily need based on dealer inventory) is extremely disheartening. Look closely at a 2009 A4 if you get a chance, then look very closely at a 2007 or below. You will most definitely notice the difference. It is simply a different quality of car, and I loathed it.

Last edited by mebarron0904; 09-22-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by marlon
I am a big fan of Audi and I a proud A4 2006 owner, red 2.0T, with navigator (what a car!).

Now I think Audi made a mistake by making the new 2009 model A4 as a family car. The car definitely lost its youth appeal and sports finishing.

The car is larger and that size is noticeable. The interior looks definitely like a car for my grandparents.

I would not buy a new A4 anymore. Perhaps that is going to be an excuse me to pursue an R8 in the future...
i'm glad the made the a4 bigger. i'm a big guy and when i have a packed car with someone behind me i have to have my seat pushed up quite a bit. it's not comfortable. the wider chassis also helps improve performance.

i can't believe you're knocking the interior. audi's interior makes all other interiors look like some cheap crap from china.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:02 PM

I am looking at the 2010 models and going wtf? Why did they drop the V6 from the lineup? I have never been a fan of the inline turbos. Mainly because everybody I know has had nothing but trouble with the turbo where I have had two V6's that run forever.

I own a 2001 A4 that was a demo car for a dealership. It was basically loaded to the hilt. So I am looking at replacing it with a 2010 model in 2012. I like to get them 2 years old with low mileage and a big discount. But seriously dismayed that first the TDI doesnt appear in the lineup. But neither does the V6. And the A3 has the TDI but frontwheel drive only? Hello McFly, Quattro is a trademark of Audi. Why not ship it in the TDI?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?