B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

Debadged... :)

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 06:28 PM
1st Gear
Talking Debadged... :)

I debated for a while if I wanted to remove the Audi rings too but I think it looks awesome... Love the way it came out, what do you guys think?

Attached Thumbnails Debadged... :)-img00005.jpg  
Old 01-31-2009, 07:53 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by stathound
I debated for a while if I wanted to remove the Audi rings too but I think it looks awesome... Love the way it came out, what do you guys think?
My wife was by my side looking at your pic and wonder WHY?

I tried to explain but you know women....

I would only say that it sort of looks naked. And not sure if it's the angle or what but the rings look off center.

Bro, in our opinion, please don't ghetto an Audi! If that doesn't make sense check out any German Audi site to understand.........

Old 01-31-2009, 08:11 PM
1st Gear

The rings are definitely center cause I haven't done anything to them, but what do you mean by ghettoing an audi, I feel like the a4 and 2.0T was making the back too messy so I had to clean it up a bit.. Show me the german site if you could

Old 01-31-2009, 08:33 PM

Is it too late to put it back like it was?

Old 01-31-2009, 08:49 PM

I debaged my C300 and love the way it looks. The badges were way up high on the decklid and looked a little messy to me. I will not be debadging the A4 as I actually like how they accent the lines of the car. It's a personal choice but in no way something that is ghettoing up a car.

Old 02-01-2009, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by stathound
Maybe it's just me, and if so then all apologies, but I feel that the car somehow looks older now without the model and trim badges on the lid. When I first looked at the picture, my initial reaction was, "why does this guy have a B7 in this forum." I dunno, maybe I'm just losing it. It's been a long work week, lol

But hey- different stroke for different folks. So please don't take my opinion to heart.

Decided to do a quick photochop of a B&A of a debadging...doesn't seem as bad as I thought it would...might just be the angle though:
Name:  DebadgeBA.jpg
Views: 1262
Size:  32.5 KB

Last edited by ThePiombino; 02-01-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:08 AM
1st Gear

nah dude it looks awesome....
yea it woulda looked weird without the rings...

Old 02-02-2009, 06:45 AM
mkc
1st Gear

Dont you get the option of having the Model and Engine type removed at the factory? Its a free option to either have both or just the engine capacity removed.

Mine has also been debadged but done for me when they made it at the factory. Well, nothing was done to it, they just didnt put the badges on! I would never remove the Audi Hoops tho.

I prefer the look of the boot/trunk without the badges, just looks smoother and IMHO car look stupid with stickers, badges, engine types etc all over the back. Just ruins the car.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:43 AM

BTW- If Audi is like most every other manufacturer, the rings will have a post attaching them to the rear lid. If you want to remove the "Auto Union", you will have to fill the hole and paint....or maybe put a big gaudy bumper sticker over it...

Last edited by poppy; 02-02-2009 at 07:48 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by mkc
Dont you get the option of having the Model and Engine type removed at the factory? Its a free option to either have both or just the engine capacity removed.

Mine has also been debadged but done for me when they made it at the factory. Well, nothing was done to it, they just didnt put the badges on! I would never remove the Audi Hoops tho.

I prefer the look of the boot/trunk without the badges, just looks smoother and IMHO car look stupid with stickers, badges, engine types etc all over the back. Just ruins the car.
I never really minded the model/trim badges on most cars, but I'm starting to see why you prefer the debadged look. The only thing I ever found tacky was cars with dealerships badges, stickers, etc. Now THAT has to stop.

Quick Reply: Debadged... :)