B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

APR STAGE 1 Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 12:46 PM
1st Gear
Default APR STAGE 1 Question

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and have a couple questions. I have a Prestige Brilliant Red B8 A4 with APR's stage 1 flash. I love the power but i realized that my mpg has dropped to about 30 miles per tank. Have any of you experienced this? Let me know, Thanks

Old 08-29-2010, 11:49 PM
1st Gear

Is it quattro? And I'm guessing you did pay extra for the switching technology? What motor do you have?

P.s I don't think 30mpg is to bad anyway.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:52 AM
1st Gear
Default How do you like your APR stage 1 package?

Mr. Daniel-- a few questions about your Prestige A4. Is it the 2.0 T Quatro all wheel drive model by any chance? And are you happy with the APR flash power increase? I am considering buying a 2009 model and there are just NO Prestige models in the Phoenix area to even look at-- let alone purchase. I am concerned that for $600 the APR ECU is a bit expensive and not worth it for only a 17 hp increase-- although the 60 lbs of torque might be a good thing. Is the drivability of the stage one good-- any undesirable power spikes or issues? Other than the drop in fule milage when you are into the loud pedal.....

Thanks for any and all feedback!!

Old 09-03-2010, 01:03 PM
1st Gear
Cool

Originally Posted by norton
Mr. Daniel-- a few questions about your Prestige A4. Is it the 2.0 T Quatro all wheel drive model by any chance? And are you happy with the APR flash power increase? I am considering buying a 2009 model and there are just NO Prestige models in the Phoenix area to even look at-- let alone purchase. I am concerned that for $600 the APR ECU is a bit expensive and not worth it for only a 17 hp increase-- although the 60 lbs of torque might be a good thing. Is the drivability of the stage one good-- any undesirable power spikes or issues? Other than the drop in fule milage when you are into the loud pedal.....

I've had the apr stage1 (93 oct) program for three months now and I think it's great. The power increase is very noticeable. And as for drivability it's the best program out for the b8 A4. If you look at the dyno graphs for APR's program the lines are smooth and the power comes on fast. If you look at other programs such as stasis the lines look like someone took a bite out of it, the lines aren't smooth. Bottom line is I spent more then $600 for my apr program because I got the lockout and the program switching but I would do it again in a second. Also with apr once you upgrade with them they do free reflashes for the supporting mods such as an exhaust ect.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:40 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ******** A4
I've had the apr stage1 (93 oct) program for three months now and I think it's great. The power increase is very noticeable. And as for drivability it's the best program out for the b8 A4. If you look at the dyno graphs for APR's program the lines are smooth and the power comes on fast. If you look at other programs such as stasis the lines look like someone took a bite out of it, the lines aren't smooth. Bottom line is I spent more then $600 for my apr program because I got the lockout and the program switching but I would do it again in a second. Also with apr once you upgrade with them they do free reflashes for the supporting mods such as an exhaust ect.
Im also in Queens looking to get the APR flash. Where did you get yours done and how much for lockout? I was also going to get that feature along with the switch.

Old 09-04-2010, 12:25 AM
1st Gear

Yes my car is a quattro and i love it. I like the power increase by the apr flash, but doesnt produce as much gain as my son's gti apr stage 1. But i love this car, its fun and amazing to drive. Now i'm looking into a turbo kit from APR.

Originally Posted by norton

Old 09-04-2010, 03:22 AM
1st Gear

Yes it's a quatro , briliant red 2.0 T , Tiptronic
And I got the 4 Programs installed
I wanted manual or DSG instead Tiptronic
I love the car anyway
Previous car was BMW 335 manual 2008

Old 09-24-2010, 12:06 PM
1st Gear

Just noticed that I got 31.8mpg driving mostly on the highway but that's not bad seeing that my car is rated for 27.

Old 09-24-2010, 12:14 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by validA4
Im also in Queens looking to get the APR flash. Where did you get yours done and how much for lockout? I was also going to get that feature along with the switch.
I wasn't home wheni had my tune done I was up north in New England but the total after the program, lockout, and switching technology plus sales tax came to almost $900