B8 Models Please discuss all 2009+ B8 A4 topics here...

3 weeks until my new A4

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 03:45 PM
1st Gear
Default 3 weeks until my new A4

So I finally found the new A4 Premium Plus in the color I wanted, which is red, seems to be a dearth of them here in the Northeast ( I can get all the black ones I wanted though ) in an automatic, most of the ones I did find were manual. Unfortunately it is still on the boat so I have to wait. I am thinking of getting it tuned, I will do some research in the forums for that.

The one thing I am going to change immediately is the ugly 10 spoke rims. Since I really couldn't be picky about what options the car came in if I wanted red, and I did not want the summer performance tires the upgrades came with anyway, I decided to get new rims. I am thinking all black or maybe black with the machined front.

I have checked out some on the Tire Rack, but haven't been able to make up my mind, very tough without actually seeing them on the car ( even if they do offer views with it- i don't feel it is the same )

So does anyone have any rims they have put on that they recommend?

I was thinking maybe the following:
Elbrus 106
MSW Type 11
O.Z. Adrenalina

Now these are all 17" rims, since I wanted to use the tires that come with the car. They recommend 225/50 tires, but the 17" rim tires that come with the car are 245/45, what's up with that? Should I be worried about that?

Old 11-10-2010, 05:42 PM
Banned

for chipping, people like the APR stuff.

i also did some research on getting new wheels and no aftermarket wheels on tirerack look good at all. try hartmann. they make some awesome wheels. or if you have the money, HRE is the best. the size recommendations provided on tirerack.com are good, i think. i'm not sure about the 225/50. maybe that's for the 18"?

Old 11-12-2010, 04:29 PM
1st Gear

Try looking at Foose rims... but I'm biased.
His designs are mostly chrome, but there are a few darker wheel choices.

Old 11-13-2010, 05:13 PM
1st Gear

I have been looking at a lot of rims, given the constraint I have of using the tires that come with the car, I think I am leaning towards the O.Z. Energy series.

O.Z. Energy

They are on closeout, I think I would buy 5 to have a spare... thoughts?

Old 12-07-2010, 10:06 AM
1st Gear
Default Psyched!

My car came in early, going to pick it up in about an hour. Looking forward to it. I will post some pictures even though it is kind of bleak out.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:26 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by theoven
My car came in early, going to pick it up in about an hour. Looking forward to it. I will post some pictures even though it is kind of bleak out.
Awesome! Just heard mine came in today as well. Going out to get registration paperwork tomorrow and hopefully taking it home Saturday afternoon.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Banned

I have been looking at a lot of rims, given the constraint I have of using the tires that come with the car, I think I am leaning towards the O.Z. Energy series.

O.Z. Energy

They are on closeout, I think I would buy 5 to have a spare... thoughts?
2007 was the last year to offer the full size spare, unfortunately.

Old 12-22-2010, 12:11 PM
1st Gear

So I finally found the new A4 Premium Plus in the color I wanted, which is red, seems to be a dearth of them here in the Northeast ( I can get all the black ones I wanted though ) in an automatic, most of the ones I did find were manual.
So, how does Audi's ordering process work?

Do they ask for a down payment or a deposit while you wait for your car to come in? What about financing and loan options. Is that taken care of when the car comes in or when it's ordered?

Old 12-22-2010, 03:05 PM
1st Gear

The Ten spokes will make a good winter wheel :-D. That's what I do. Just remember, there is a reason wheels are cheap on tire rack. Get tires from them, good idea. Get light bulbs from Wal-mart, good idea, but you wouldn't buy a chandelier for your formal living room from Wal-mart. Know what I mean?

Old 12-22-2010, 08:54 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by ADK_audi
The Ten spokes will make a good winter wheel :-D. That's what I do. Just remember, there is a reason wheels are cheap on tire rack. Get tires from them, good idea. Get light bulbs from Wal-mart, good idea, but you wouldn't buy a chandelier for your formal living room from Wal-mart. Know what I mean?
You have a good point. I was going to put the rims on right away, but I think I will wait for summer when hopefully all the winter potholes have been filled in. Plus I am not really sold on any of the available 17" rims out there... I like some of them, but not as much as I like some others that are not available in 17". I really, really like the BBS Air AI, but at $800+ a rim, I doubt I will get them. I need to think about what to do.

Quick Reply: 3 weeks until my new A4