B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

weather tech floor mats?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 10:02 PM
2nd Gear
Default weather tech floor mats?

hey guys i don't think I have introduced myself around here,
i use to be fairly active in the b5 section, but i have since sold my b5 and upgraded to a b7!
my name is nick, i have a Brilliant Red 2007 A4 quattro manual, base model. with the sport(?) package, wheels/sunroof, not s-line.
its has the aluminum trim and tan/beige interior, not normally my favorite interior color but...well that's another story for another time, but it does lead me to my question;

with my tan interior, it gets dirty very fast, i love cleaning it however i am worried about the carpet becoming stained.
when i bought my car from the bmw dealership they gave me some shitty honda accord floor mats and tried to pass them off as the oem ones...

so in light of that, it means i need new floor mats and i wanted them to be "custom fit" so i came across weather tech and i cnat decide if i should go with the tan or, my friends say black... my main concern is if the tan/beige will match correctly.

so my first question is, does anyone have either styles of the tan weather tech floor mats with tan interior that can show the colors together?
and second, does anyone have opinions on the colors? should i do something different to contrast the interior color?

Attached Thumbnails weather tech floor mats?-a4-face.jpg   weather tech floor mats?-a4-rear-side.jpg  
Old 10-12-2012, 08:21 AM
1st Gear

My interior is tan as well. I went with the tan weathertech mats because of the custom fit and they seemed pretty high quality. They only lasted about a year, but we have some pretty rough winters here.
The tan color of the mats are not exactly like our tan interior, they are a few shades darker, but they blended nicely so that wasn't an issue. They were nice and heavy, and fit on the OEM pegs, so they didn't slide around at all. They did a pretty decent job keeping water, snow and mud off my carpet.
The reason they only lasted a year though, is because the rubber is a little too soft in my opinion. I have an MT6, and my heels wore down the rubber so much that I eventually had two holes in the mat around the throttle and clutch.
Overall they're a nice mat, just expect to replace them once a year.
Oh and, I tried throwing a cheap black set in once to see how they'd look and was not a fan. Too much contrast looked cheesy. Just my opinion though.

Cheers

Old 10-13-2012, 09:14 PM
2nd Gear

ya see that's where im comin from.. i personally don't like the black contrast, im not a huge fan of the old "black and tan" styling either.
i live in Minnesota so again harsh winters, im trying hard to buy a cheaper winter beater however..
im curious if i couldn't find something i could stick in the are where my heels would sit that would look to cheap/cheesey to keep the rubber form wearing threw...

Old 10-15-2012, 12:33 PM
2nd Gear

So, you're talking about getting a whole other car? Why not just buy the floor mats that match (close enough) and plan on replacing them every year or two? I'd personally rather drive my nice car and just pay to replace the floor mats every year than drive a beater all winter (especially since you get like 9 months of winter in MN).

Old 10-15-2012, 01:05 PM
1st Gear

Quattro wants the winter.