B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

trying to love my 2.0t.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 06:19 PM
1st Gear
Default trying to love my 2.0t.....

...but little stuff keeps preventing me. All around the car is great, but there is little stuff that I'm dealing with that never was a problem with my 325. All the locks on the car are plastic and cheap which is killin me. My trunk wouldn't close right for at least a month, taking me several slams and soft pushes to get it locked in. Suddenly it hasnt been doing it anymore which is annoying too. The same problem is haunting me now with the fold down seats, and I cant get the single seat to latch back upright. On top of this latching **** off, the vinyl on my dash is starting to peal which is ridiculous for an '06. Excuse me if im whining, but have any of you guys had the same problems???

Old 04-27-2008, 05:36 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: trying to love my 2.0t.....

ORIGINAL: cheeks4real07

...but little stuff keeps preventing me. All around the car is great, but there is little stuff that I'm dealing with that never was a problem with my 325. All the locks on the car are plastic and cheap which is killin me. My trunk wouldn't close right for at least a month, taking me several slams and soft pushes to get it locked in. Suddenly it hasnt been doing it anymore which is annoying too. The same problem is haunting me now with the fold down seats, and I cant get the single seat to latch back upright. On top of this latching **** off, the vinyl on my dash is starting to peal which is ridiculous for an '06. Excuse me if im whining, but have any of you guys had the same problems???
Sounds like you/previous owner did not take care of the car. I have never had any issues whatsoever with my car, and I will have had it for a year in june.......

Old 04-27-2008, 07:38 PM
1st Gear

i gotta agree with 01a4t. I have an 04 a4 2.0 too and have absolutely no problems with it. It just sounds like the previoud owner gave it hell in terms of treatment.

Old 04-28-2008, 01:43 AM
1st Gear

My back seats wouldn't click into place but if you do it hard enough you can get it in. as for the trunk bring it into the dealer cuz it shouldn't be doing that and same with the dash. they should cover it. how many miles does it have? hopefully its still in warranty

Old 04-28-2008, 05:46 PM
1st Gear

Sounds like you car was in an accident or something and is just a bit off so things don't close and latch very well. I haven't had any problem with thos things. Also I don't understand about the locks, isn't it all electrice? the bottoin you push to lock and unlock is plastic but it is in the bmw as well. Maybe I don't understand.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:00 PM
SoCal Crew Member

I have an '06 as well, have it since new and haven't had any problems with it (knock on wood)

Old 04-28-2008, 11:52 PM
1st Gear

You need a new trunk latch which should be covered under warranty. You should also ask about the peeling on your dash.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:59 AM
1st Gear

That sucks man. Sounds like a case of the previous owner not taking car of it? I think thats a shame. I babied my Audi. It was my first luxury car. I am sure the next owner will appreciate. Good luck

Old 05-05-2008, 06:45 PM
1st Gear

yea I hear what you guys are saying but I still think the locks are made cheap and the vinyl is prone to peeling...good news tho I have no warranty! Hah whatever but I think the peeling was my fault cleaning the dash with armor all..silly me. I'll find a way to get everything fixed and looked good.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:44 PM
1st Gear

what part of the country do you live. i work at a dealer is south fla and the peeling is a regular issue in hotter more humid climates. especially on 05/06 models. the lock, window, and headlight switch peel the most. the ones used the most generally. but what part of the dash is peeling. if you could send in a pic to clarify.

as for the rear seats latching back thats pretty typical. yea, slamming it harder works but can make it worse. when you fold the seat forward you'll see the pin it latches onto. get an offset 17mm wrench and loosen the nut that locks it into place. then you can adjust that pin forward/back/up/down, wherever it needs to go to make the seat latch. usually forward. move it then lock in into place byyou'll have to try a few times before you get it in the right spot by holding the pin, make sure you don't move it or let it spin and using the wrench to lock down the 17mm nut. you might have to try a few times before you get it right.

the trunk definately needs a new latch. pick one up from you dealer, should be too much and they are easy to install. if you need help let me know, i'll give you some instructions.

oh yeah, if your really worried about your dash and having warranty or not. you can check with your dealer and see if they will CPO (certified pre-owned) certify you car. not sure what it costs but extends the warranty 6yrs and 100k miles from the date it was CPO'd. depening on the cost might be worth it if your having problems with the car.