B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

prob stupid question but

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 10:39 AM
1st Gear
Default prob stupid question but

i have had my audi for 2 years. how come. when i tool around in the snow. it wont go. i guess unless all wheels are getting traction. (with or without the tc off/on). but i see others. spinning around like crazy at high revs. in the snow... it just dies gdown. like u cant keep the rpms up..... doesnt change in tip. . either that i no of

Old 01-29-2011, 11:36 AM
2nd Gear

What model do you have? A4, S4, etc. FWD or quattro. Some of the A4 or S4 models have ASR. Not sure which ones. My old Jetta had it, and if wheel spin is detected, it overrides your foot and cuts the throttle until the slipping stops. It made driving/accelerating with a stick at low speeds with varying pavement traction a pain at times. If cutting the throttle doesn't work, the brakes come into play. Thing is though pushing the button on the dash shuts it off, so that might not be the issue.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:09 PM
1st Gear

its a 2006 a4 q has tip. has sport mode.. has traction control. it still does the same thing. whatver u do that i have tried

Old 02-01-2011, 02:41 PM
2nd Gear

Even with TC off and in manual shift mode?

Old 02-02-2011, 04:14 PM
1st Gear

Is this in any level of snow, or only deeper?

Mine is an '07 A4 Quattro, and has yet been stopped by snow. It just trugs along through anything. Sure, the traction control is always enabled and will quickly prevent wheel spin, but that's fine. The car runs great.

The only thing I can imagine that's causing your car to have issues, is that maybe the snow's just too deep, and you're bottoming out.

If that's not the case, and you only have shallow snow (like 6 inches or less), it might be worth taking to your local dealer and explaining your issue.

Deep snow acts like a jack to these cars. If the wheels aren't firmly planted on the ground, you won't have the traction to move. So... there's that.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Banned

what tires do you have? i'm thinking you have crappy tires for the winter and the ESP is constantly working to keep you from driving off course.

Old 02-03-2011, 01:52 PM
2nd Gear

I thought he was trying to follo around in the snow. Like no traction control and manual shifting. Kinda rally style but the car is pulling him down. Maybe i understood wrong.

Old 02-05-2011, 01:32 PM
1st Gear

i tried it before it still boggs the engine down when it doesnt have traction. i understand that. thats what it posed to do.. but im sayin i see other audis. youtube whatver. and there like screaming through the snow. obvly. spinning. like crazy.. my **** wont do that.... as far as i no. and i tired tc off. in stick/sport.. i actually. went up my friends drivway and its really steep. slid down it.. cuz it stopped going. like right at the top./

Old 02-06-2011, 09:30 AM
1st Gear

Ok... back to the tire question, then.

How bald are your tires? If there isn't much tread on them, it would be like driving slicks in the snow, and that just doesn't work.

You need to have decent tread if you want your car to drive in the snow.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:46 AM
2nd Gear

The car should not pull any power if the TC is off. Are you sure it's off and the yellow light with a car is on. Maybe you are just spinning and have no grip?

Quick Reply: prob stupid question but