B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

New B7 owner, looking to mod. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 11:03 AM
1st Gear
Default New B7 owner, looking to mod. Help!

Hello everyone I'm new to the forums as i have recently purchased an 07 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro. I purchased the car with a nice set of 19' Lorenzo rims and it has been lowered and tinted according to Massachusetts inspection regulations. All of the engine is stock so im looking to modify. I know little about mods and could use some seriously detailed information. I live in the Northeast and any local help would be an added bonus!

Im looking for the best places to get parts and what parts exactly.

Things i think i need: correct me if im wrong!
ECU Tuning
New Diverter valve
Cold air intake
Exhaust system
Down pipe

These are the parts i know about, please add or correct if wrong.

As far as the ECU tuning i hear APR is the best and since i only have the 2.0T should i only go to a certain stage? If so why or why not? What mods should i get at the same time as the tuning?

If i were to start modifying little by little which should i do first to last?

I guess what im looking for a mod break down. Why should i get the mods, what do they do for my car, how much are they, and who has the best product.

Any and all pms are welcome! Especially those who are in the western Mass area (within 2 hours) but are not limited!

I look forward to learning from some of you

Old 12-22-2011, 11:29 AM
Banned

don't bother changing any part of the intake. it's fine as it is. an ECU flash and exhaust upgrades are the best. for less than $1000 installed you can get 50+ HP/75+ TQ through an ECU and test pipe. if the DV hasn't been upgraded to the Rev D or latest, get it before you do the ECU flash.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:29 AM
1st Gear

Welcome. Did you read the sticky named https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b7-...sticky-144534/ ? Good reading, and tells you all kinds of good stuff for what you are asking.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:18 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Toasted Coastie
Welcome. Did you read the sticky named https://www.audiforums.com/forum/b7-...sticky-144534/ ? Good reading, and tells you all kinds of good stuff for what you are asking.
Did not know about this, thank you it was very helpful. To get the proper power from the ECU flash it recommends exhaust options. I found a down pipe, would i need other parts or is that a primary factor?

Old 12-22-2011, 12:28 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Th3J3ff
Did not know about this, thank you it was very helpful. To get the proper power from the ECU flash it recommends exhaust options. I found a down pipe, would i need other parts or is that a primary factor?
From everything I gleaned from it, you need at the very least a hi-flow cat or test pipe. That will free up some hp, and is required for a stage 2 from APR.

Old 12-22-2011, 12:42 PM
2nd Gear

You only need a test pipe or high flow cat for a stage 2 tune. Intake or recommended cat backs are just that, a recommendation of money into the dealers pockets. No real gains other than noise makers if you are into that.

I would go in this order to prepare for the tune.

BSH PCV
"D" Stck Diverter Valve
Boost Gauge
Ebay Test Pipe (or high flow cat if emmissions is strict in your area)
Stage 2 Tune

More power
APR rebuilt FP
Stage 2+ tune
Intercooler (If you make it this far)
Cat Back (If you like the sound and have nothing else to buy)

You would crap yourself knowing how different a stage 2+ car feels vs stock

Old 12-22-2011, 01:57 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 2wdBlazer

More power
APR rebuilt FP
Stage 2+ tune
Intercooler (If you make it this far)
Cat Back (If you like the sound and have nothing else to buy)

You would crap yourself knowing how different a stage 2+ car feels vs stock
Whats the average cost of this more extra stuff? i know the apr rebuilt FP is quite expensive. any ideas?

Old 12-22-2011, 09:58 PM
Banned

2wdblazer got it down 100% correct.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:34 AM
2nd Gear

Whats the average cost of this more extra stuff? i know the apr rebuilt FP is quite expensive. any ideas?
Do some research, I never wanted nor needed the IC or Exhaust. They are super pricey though and it ranges widely my maker.

Old 12-23-2011, 11:04 AM
2nd Gear

Intercoolers will cost you generally between $600-$1200, depending what you get. For my exhaust, I got a pair of Magnaflow mufflers on sale for $100 apiece, and paid an exhaust shop $300 to put together a custom system for me.

Quick Reply: New B7 owner, looking to mod. Help!