B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Just Installed Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 01:15 AM
1st Gear
Default Just Installed Remote Start

I Just Finished up installing a remote start system in my B7, I was kinda excited, so I thought I'd Share... Only thing is my DLPK module is Messed up So no door lock or truck pop till tomorrow when I get a new one. Remote Start Works like a champ tho! If anyone has any questions on installing a remote start on their car I'd be happy to help.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:11 PM
2nd Gear

Nice! How hard was the install?

Old 01-11-2011, 12:30 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Mattazaudi
I Just Finished up installing a remote start system in my B7, I was kinda excited, so I thought I'd Share... Only thing is my DLPK module is Messed up So no door lock or truck pop till tomorrow when I get a new one. Remote Start Works like a champ tho! If anyone has any questions on installing a remote start on their car I'd be happy to help.
Who is the manufacture of the kit? Also do we assume you need another key fob to use to start the car or does the new fob work all of the other options in the car. Thanks for the info.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:37 PM
1st Gear
Default 2 hours

It wasn't to difficult but I use to install alarms and remote starts for a living.
I did have to give up a key to make it work, the longest part was taking the key apart to fit it into a universal immobilizer bypass. As far as the other functions I used or shall I say am going to use (the one I got was broken I have to exchange it) was a DEI express kit DLPK, it connects to the CAn bus (computer) to allow for lock, unlock, arm, disarm, and trunk pop. The remote start system I used was a viper 5101, later I am going to add the smart start module to allow control from my iPhone

Old 01-23-2011, 02:02 AM
1st Gear

I had the CoolStart remote start installed at my local Audi dealer last year. When it was installed, they said that they could not use my OEM key fob for the remote start. The CoolStart remotes aren't bad, they control the lock/unlock and trunk also, but I would like to use my OEM remote for everything. My friend has a Durango and the remote start that he has is triggered by hitting the unlock button several times, can this be done in my situation (to the best of your knowledge)?

Old 01-23-2011, 04:26 AM
1st Gear
Default Let me look

Let me look into it some more, when I get to work tomorrow and I'll get back to you, as far as I know "what the features state" you can, but let me look at the wireing diagrams
And I'll let you know.

Old 03-24-2011, 08:22 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Mattazaudi
Let me look into it some more, when I get to work tomorrow and I'll get back to you, as far as I know "what the features state" you can, but let me look at the wireing diagrams
And I'll let you know.
Depending on the model of the RS it can be done. Theres a Blue and white wire that comes out of most of the DEI RS"S that when triggered by ether lock or unlock it activates the RS function. Check the wire diagram in the book it should say something like RS activation... good luck.