B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Ipod Conversion to 1/8" Stereo Jack

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 04:19 PM
1st Gear
Default Ipod Conversion to 1/8" Stereo Jack

Hello everyone,
I have a 08 Audi A4 with the Ipod dock in the glove box. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with converting that to a stereo jack that I could just plug my iphone into. since i am using the iphone as both an ipod and a phone it is not conveneient for me when the phone rings and it is docked in my glove box.

i did purchase a dock extender cable from a 3rd party which works ok but when I make a call from my phone and use blue tooth it plays the music through the headpiece while the call is being made.

if anyone could provide some thoughts/suggestions I would be most appreciative. Thanks!
Brian

Old 10-12-2008, 04:48 AM
1st Gear

Can anybody answering the above questoin also answer this question when you read this thread? I'm thinking about buying an iPod. They are the device of the future, even though we have them right now. I am confused about whether or not I should get one. Does the iPod attachment allow you to still use your ipod directly? I didn't use an iPod yet in my car. I want to listen to Billy Ocean (Get out of My Dreams) in my car using the ipod. I only have the mp3 file. SO the Cd player can't perform it. Well I am unsure if it has to be used through the interface in the dash board or not? See, If I buy an iPod, then I want to use it by itself to have it play in my car, I don't want some interface. But I don't know if that's what it is like in the A4. Thats how I am confused about the iPod. Do I also have to buy a special cord to attach it to my glove box so i can hear songs or not?

Old 10-26-2008, 02:43 PM

My oem CD player will play mp3 files. I load up close to 40 mp3 files on a CD using my home computer and play them in the car. Anything you can put on an iPod you should be able to burn into a CD and play it on most late model car CD players.