B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

HELP! EPC & Check Engine Light

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 09:41 AM
1st Gear
Default HELP! EPC & Check Engine Light

I am asking for anyones help that knows about this issue. I have a 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Convertible Quattro and this car is pissing me off beyond all belief. It has been in the shop for the last month in a half over 6 times for the damn EPC light and Check Engine and when the EPC light is on the car goes into "Limp" Mode or Reduced power mode.

The dealer to date has replaced the High Pressure Fuel Pump, High Pressure Fuel Pump Sensor, ECU (Motherboard Computer System to the car), the Overflow valve and misc. tubes and valves. I am beyond agitated that every week i have to take this car to YBH in Edgmont, PA and say get this right and they call me tell me all the faults were checked and replaced another piece and that they drove it for 40 miles and less then 24 hours after we pick up the car its EPC light and Check Engine light come on and the car is in that safety mode again.

I have written to Audi Consumer of North America and contacted a lemon law attorney who stated we have a case as we have the car well documented and still have warranty coverage on the vehicle. The car only has 37k miles on it so its not like there has been a lot of wear and tear on the car and we have kept it in perfect shape when its not in the shop. We had issues with the car since purchasing it a year ago with starting it and it not turning over on the first try and throughout the year have had several Occurences of the EPC issue. If anyone out here has gone through this or can help me please respond I would greatly appreciate all your input.

Frustrated in Southeastern Pennsylvania

Old 09-10-2011, 02:24 AM
1st Gear
Default Epc and check engine light

Hey--did you ever end up resolving this issue? I'm going through something similar with my 04 A4. Any advice or suggestions you (or anyone who reads this) have would be really appreciated! Great car when it works...

Old 10-17-2012, 11:19 AM
1st Gear

Same here. We've got about 54,000 on our 2008 a4 3.2. Its been in the shop 3 different times for this issue.

The first time, the dealer told us it was dirty fuel injectors and just tried to clean them up. Then, my wife had the car die on her again within a couple weeks. The dealer gave her some b.s. about the gas in the US not being high enough octane, or clean enough, for this fragile little car. Really? Then, don't sell them in the US!

Now, it just happened again a few days ago. Just driving along and the car stops responding to the gas and the power steering goes out. Luckily i was able to pull off to a side street. The EPC light came on. Its been in the shop for 3 days (dealer) and they don't know what's wrong with it.

What a joke this car is. I have owned a lot of cars in my life, but this "so called" luxury car has stranded me more than anything. Give me back my 1979 Buick Regal. I'm shocked by how many times i've seen posts about this issue on this site and a lot of people don't even seem that upset about it. Ridiculous.

Old 10-17-2012, 10:38 PM
Tech Certified

Originally Posted by paleface23
Same here. We've got about 54,000 on our 2008 a4 3.2. Its been in the shop 3 different times for this issue.

The first time, the dealer told us it was dirty fuel injectors and just tried to clean them up. Then, my wife had the car die on her again within a couple weeks. The dealer gave her some b.s. about the gas in the US not being high enough octane, or clean enough, for this fragile little car. Really? Then, don't sell them in the US!

Now, it just happened again a few days ago. Just driving along and the car stops responding to the gas and the power steering goes out. Luckily i was able to pull off to a side street. The EPC light came on. Its been in the shop for 3 days (dealer) and they don't know what's wrong with it.

What a joke this car is. I have owned a lot of cars in my life, but this "so called" luxury car has stranded me more than anything. Give me back my 1979 Buick Regal. I'm shocked by how many times i've seen posts about this issue on this site and a lot of people don't even seem that upset about it. Ridiculous.

lol, I'd take that car in a heartbeat, problems and all. IT IS the most reliable Audi. 2008 3.2..... Hands down.

I mean, to me.... it just sounds like they don't know what they are doing. But once you start pressing the lemon law issue and Audi customer service.... they'll get it right eventually or they'll buy the car back