B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Hating my A4 (I'm retarded I know)

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 03:17 PM
2nd Gear

Oh and there is no damn Auxilary port to run my I-pod off of. The VW has one. As long as she like it right? (Although she misses that port as well)

Old 03-05-2009, 08:49 PM
1st Gear

how about you let your wife trade in the A4 for the new TTS and you can test drive the new TTS with the GTI.

TTS: 2.0T I4 with 265HP. Audi upgrade the block, cylinder head, connecting rods, pistons, turbocharge and injection system.

Power to Weigt Ratio for GTI: 15.7

A4 2.0T: 18

S-Line A4 2.0T: 18.5

why is S-Line have that extra .5??

Last edited by B72.0tsline; 03-06-2009 at 12:34 AM.
Old 03-07-2009, 12:46 AM
2nd Gear

On a budget my friend. Stuck with what I have at this point. I'm done complaining.

Old 03-28-2009, 12:27 AM
1st Gear

Too bad you do not like your A4. The Golf V GTI (Rabbit 5) in the U.S. had the same engine as the A4. Germany also had a Golf V GTI Edition 2.0T with 230hp.Of course it would be quicker as it is lighter. As far as comfort or drive feel I like the A4 better (mine is a 2007 2.0T w/6mt). I have driven the GTI and it is nice, but feels more like a car I would have driven 15 years ago (I had a Opel Kadett GSi16v 2.0i-16v modded to 197hp non turbo)

The new Golf VI (Rabbit 6?) here in Germany uses the new updated 2.0TFSI motor from Audi with 211hp.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:18 AM

It's all about target markets. If you bought an Audi A4 -stock- to kick the pants off of other cars, then you didn't do your homework. This isn't the market Audi is shooting for with the A4. They have the S4 and others for that. The A4 is their entry-level luxury/sport (not sport/luxury) with an emphasis on styling, comfort, interior environment and outstanding Quattro performance. That's why I purchased this car. I use the A4 to make my commute to work comfortable and fun - and sometimes I kick the pants off of a retard trying to race me, but I know my limits. I also like to race but without some mods (chip, brakes, exhaust, suspension) this isn't going to be my track care. That being said, I've taken this car on a "spirited" drive with S4s and kept up with them in and out of the turns no problem. They would kick my butt on the acceleration and straight-a-ways, but their cars are also heavier and not as nimble in the chicanes. REMEMBER, performance is about "usable" power. That is one of the reasons Audi beat a much more powerful Team Peugeot in the 2008 LeMans (Truth in 24 documentary). Also, check out old episodes of the British car show "Top Gear" where the Porsche kicks a much more powerful M6's butt due to usuable power.

O.K. I feel better now - lecture over.

Old 04-01-2009, 02:49 AM
1st Gear

Well said Tex, key words "target market". A kid who works in my building (he's 20) just bought an '09 4-door GTI hatch, fully loaded, it's really sweet, and appeals to a much younger crowd. He likes to smoke Civic hatches on the straights and practices the 3k built in auto-launch feature. That's all well and good, the car runs a 15 flat in the quarter, it's not exactly the fastest car on the market, but it's definitely quick. The Audi most likely runs low 15's, because the convertible (which weighs way more) runs a 15.6.

So when you (the original poster 2wdFlamer) say you hate the Audi because it's so slow, you sound like a troll fanboy, becuase a .1 or .3 second difference isn't really worth hating something over. By trying to justify why your VW is so much better than the Audi, it seems like you're trying to sell the belief to yourself rather than all of the Audi owners in this AUDI forum...

That said, my girl just bought an Audi '07 A4. I showed her a GTI for sale that cost just as much as her Audi but had checkered cloth seats and she scoffed at it. She thinks it's a joke of a car. It doesn't appeal to her in any way because it's a hatch and she sees younger "Fast and Furious" crowd kids driving them (which their parents bought them most likely, not that there's anything wrong with that, just a different crowd). She loves the Audi however. I for one think the Audi is smokin fast for what it is, I was pleasantly surprised when my girl test drove it. It hauls %^&. I'ts probably much more than my girl will ever need. Oh yeah, and 3 people on seperate occasions commented on how huge her trunk is, seriously, you could fit like 5-7 bodies in there easily. I'm 28 and my girl is 29. Now get mad.

Originally Posted by TexAgA4
It's all about target markets. If you bought an Audi A4 -stock- to kick the pants off of other cars, then you didn't do your homework. This isn't the market Audi is shooting for with the A4. They have the S4 and others for that. The A4 is their entry-level luxury/sport (not sport/luxury) with an emphasis on styling, comfort, interior environment and outstanding Quattro performance. That's why I purchased this car. I use the A4 to make my commute to work comfortable and fun - and sometimes I kick the pants off of a retard trying to race me, but I know my limits. I also like to race but without some mods (chip, brakes, exhaust, suspension) this isn't going to be my track care. That being said, I've taken this car on a "spirited" drive with S4s and kept up with them in and out of the turns no problem. They would kick my butt on the acceleration and straight-a-ways, but their cars are also heavier and not as nimble in the chicanes. REMEMBER, performance is about "usable" power. That is one of the reasons Audi beat a much more powerful Team Peugeot in the 2008 LeMans (Truth in 24 documentary). Also, check out old episodes of the British car show "Top Gear" where the Porsche kicks a much more powerful M6's butt due to usuable power.

O.K. I feel better now - lecture over.

Last edited by opeth13; 04-01-2009 at 03:23 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:31 PM
1st Gear

you said your retarded not me
love my a4

Old 04-01-2009, 06:21 PM
2nd Gear

I'm not a hater. Those are just features on the GTI. I have owened a 2003 A4 up to 100K miles. That's when we bought this one. The B7 is much nicer than my B6. I just got spoiled on my GTI.

I just put S4 6 spokes on the A4..It needed 18's. Looks amazing.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:14 PM
1st Gear

ok, sorry about the preemptive strike. Your statements taken out of context seemed a smidge harsh. Reading your last post, your earlier statements are completely understandable, I can actually relate to the feelings you described, albeit not with Audi and VW, but with other cars I've owned and compared.

Old 04-07-2009, 08:54 AM
1st Gear

I bet if you actually raced the GTI vs. the A4 it wouldn't be that much of a difference. It's the FWD vs AWD that's making it FEEL slower to you.

I have a 2007 A4 Sline, and my girlfriend has a 2009 VW Tiguan. Same engine, but she has FWD. Her little SUV feels faster than my car, and she has an auto! It's because of the way FWD launches the car that it feels faster. The AWD makes acceleration so smooth, and the Audi rides so smooth, that you don't get the sense of speed that you get with a smaller, rougher, FWD car.

Quick Reply: Hating my A4 (I'm retarded I know)