B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

The great b7 hunt

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 05:03 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by 2wdBlazer
If you care for Power a chipped 2.0t is the only option. You will kick yourself if you get the 3.2 and decide you want more power. It won't happen. If you can afford an S4 and the gas bill that would be the ultamite for sure.

Secondly that price on this other car is way high. You can buy a B8 for that kind of money which are roomier and have the newer / better 2.0t.
I think the 3.2 will not feel fast enough after a couple months. Get the 2.0 and a chip from the start. If you can afford it get the S4 for sure though. They are awesome!!

Old 08-26-2011, 06:47 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by KingWulfgar
Most B7s around here are in the $22-24k range. I can't see the 3.2 adding that much, so if they're asking almost $30k, they're WAY out of the ballpark.

UPDATE: So, I just went and looked and it does seem the Avants are more rare and more expensive. Good luck with your search. The more I see, the more I'm convinced that I got my car at JUST the right time and that it would be impossible to replace it for what I paid!
Only reason I am even considering it is that it is that is is exactly what my wife and I would want. Avant, White/Tan, and 3.2 with low miles. If the car sits on the lot a month I think I could get it for closer to 25k. We will see. I'm at Solo 2 Nationals next week and then home and out in RI the week after that. Then up north for a team building trip. I might not have time to think about a car until October.

Last edited by not2fast; 08-26-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Old 08-26-2011, 06:57 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 2wdBlazer
I think the 3.2 will not feel fast enough after a couple months. Get the 2.0 and a chip from the start. If you can afford it get the S4 for sure though. They are awesome!!
I found a statis chipped sedan at a dealer I want to test drive. Not the colors I want, but want to see how it drives. I just want something that is not a dog. I have another car for my speed and handling fix. If that was not the case I would be all over a S4.

Last edited by not2fast; 08-26-2011 at 07:03 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:14 PM
1st Gear

After the looking I ended up with a BMW 335i. Decided I can live without AWD if I have winters wheels tires for my wifes car.

Really like the A4's, but the motor in the BMW was hard to pass up.

Old 09-16-2011, 02:22 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by not2fast
After the looking I ended up with a BMW 335i. Decided I can live without AWD if I have winters wheels tires for my wifes car.

Just curious where you live. I'm in CO and while the BMWs have their "x" drive, it's Audi's & Subaru's that dominate out here.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:42 PM
Banned

hey congrats on the fine car. you're right, BMW has the market cornered for beastly-engined luxury. just like mercedes, i want to have the option to have a 500-600 HP V8 under the hood of any of their models. audi doesn't cater to the extreme engine option.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:09 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by papadelogan
Just curious where you live. I'm in CO and while the BMWs have their "x" drive, it's Audi's & Subaru's that dominate out here.
MN

Audi's and Subaru's are very popular here also. I am going from a Gen 2 Xterra that couldn't be stopped in the snow to a rwd BMW. I have not driven rwd in the winter for 5 years so it will interesting. I work from home 4 days a week so I could see my car only leaving the garage on days it snows. My biggest hang up during the process was I wanted to have an AWD car I could let my wife drive when it snows. I drive a E90 330xi and liked it and was happy with it but the salesman said before you buy that you have to try the 335. I could stop thinking of it after I drove it, but couldn't get over the awd thing. Then I came to the realization that I don't want t share my car with my wife anyway. So I will be ordering winter wheels and tires for the Odyessy which did great in the snow with crappy tires. If that becomes a problem she will get a Pilot or Highlander.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:12 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by esandes
hey congrats on the fine car. you're right, BMW has the market cornered for beastly-engined luxury. just like mercedes, i want to have the option to have a 500-600 HP V8 under the hood of any of their models. audi doesn't cater to the extreme engine option.
I think they are missing the boat a little. I would love to see them offer a 300hp 2.0t with DSG or manual. I think they would sell a ton of them and it would be easy for them to do it.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:20 AM
2nd Gear

I think they are missing the boat a little. I would love to see them offer a 300hp 2.0t with DSG or manual. I think they would sell a ton of them and it would be easy for them to do it.
Well, to be fair to Audi, they do have the S4 and the RS4. They are pretty fast.

Old 09-18-2011, 08:02 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by KingWulfgar
Well, to be fair to Audi, they do have the S4 and the RS4. They are pretty fast.
They do and they are nice cars, but a 2.0T has a ton of wasted potential and would make for a lighter more complete car.

Quick Reply: The great b7 hunt