B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

First post, A4 buying advice / options

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2011, 01:49 PM
1st Gear
Default First post, A4 buying advice / options

Hi all, I am wanting to purchase an '08 A4 and I'm a little confused. It seems like every car has the exterior S-Line package? I am wanting to get an S-Line and I can't figure out what to look for in pictures to actually tell. So far I've noticed the 3 spoke steering wheel. There aren't many to pick from locally and I've been looking farther out online. I just want to be sure I know what i'm looking at when trying to discern what all options a car has via photos.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Old 03-30-2011, 04:06 PM
2nd Gear

All 2008 have the S body trim
Pretty sure the grill has an S badge
S-line would have better wheels
Lower sport suspention (Not like a monster truck on standard cars)

Old 03-31-2011, 11:41 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by 2wdBlazer
I read in another post that in 2008 it was appearance package only. Was that posters trying to say all the cars have the appearance, but an actual S-Line still gets the sport suspension? Just trying to confirm.

Old 04-01-2011, 11:13 AM
2nd Gear

I think the 2008s may still be labeled as S-Line on the options list, and would have to have the sport package listed also to be equivalent to a 2005-2007 S-Line.

Old 04-02-2011, 10:18 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by 2wdBlazer
It is just an appearance package only. Bought mine a couple months ago and realized that the sport suspension is another option, and is quite visible since the car seems to be more planted on the road with it. Otherwise, there's a big gap between wheel and body which doesn't look too appealing (to me that is). Be mindful that the sport suspension eliminates body roll (plus), but is quite harsh on roads with a lot of bumps. Luckily, they take care of the roads in TX.

Last edited by vtm6000; 04-02-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:33 PM
1st Gear

Watup jhanda. I just bought my 2008 Audi A4 Quattro 2 weeks ago, and looked at many A4 models. I wanted my first Audi to be the quattro. The 2008s all have the S-Line package trim. The Sport Package will give you the 3 spoke steering wheel (leather wrapped) and the S-Line badge on the steering wheel and on the exterior body sides. The sport suspension would be noted with the Sport Package meaning a lower suspension. Now, the sport suspension is an option on non-sport package A4s. Just look under the wheel gap and see if the shock is red-per the dealer and service guys. I looked a lot and compared. I actually do have the sport suspension, shocks are red. I was somewhat beside another A4, and that car looked like it's stance was higher than mine. I loved the Convenience package and the blue tooth with my Nav system. Bose too, so much louder and better sound. Also, Day Light Running (DLRs) lights are also an option on the 08s. I thought they were standard. Got those too.

Last edited by Image is Style; 04-03-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:20 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for the info guys. I'm looking pretty hard trying to find one. I thought I had a line on one last weekend (white, titanium package and was CPO) and it got sold before I could get ahold of the dealer. I'm trying to find a phantom black, white or dolphin grey s-line sport with convenience package and nav and black interior. Would also consider an S4 if I can find an 06 or 07 in my price range.

It seems like ones that have all the options like I want are rare, I've been searching pretty hard for a week. Trying to find something soon because my old Galant VR4 is out of commission right now. Decided to stop screwing with it and get a newer car.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:45 AM
1st Gear
Thumbs up

I just bought my 08 A4 s-line this weekend and here is what I learned:

Not all 2008 A4's received the entire s-line package. However, they did all get the s-line badge on the front grill. Checking the steering wheel is the easiest way, just make sure it has the s-line badge on it. On the outside it should have the side molding with another s-line badge near the rear quarter on each side. Door sills should also contain another s-line badge.

When looking at cars online, the wheels should be your initial focus. Because all Audi's in 08 have the s-line badge on their grill, dealers might not advertise if they are true s-line packages. At least they didn't on Audi's CPO website. If you see a car for sale online that has the options you want and the rs6 wheels on it - there is a good chance that it may be an s-line.

I had to drive 4 hours one way to snag my CPO s-line. With the 08's coming off of lease more should start showing up, but they won't be in great numbers; not to many people leased 6 speed s-lines. If you find one, snag it. It is a blast!

Just remember to check for the red shocks!!!

I hope this helped...

Last edited by Logan; 04-04-2011 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 09:06 AM
1st Gear

Yeah, I lucked out because of all the options I got with my Quattro. When I bought my car a few weeks back, it rained for a week. I finally got her in sunlight and clearly saw the red shocks on all 4 wheel wells. That was a nice surprise since it was not listed on the window sticker. The DLRs are nice, b/c I get a few head turns from other Audi A4 drivers. Like I said, it's an option-you will see 2 ***** beside the headlight turn switch if the car has it. I have the factory 17s-5 spoke splits. Some of the CPOs have 18s on them with and without the sport suspension. Titanium package is nice too, but harder to find CPO'd. Just keep at it. Good luck. Once you find the one, maybe with compromises on options, you'll be happy you did.