B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Daughter Chose a 06 A4 B7 2.0TQ over a 08 Mustang GT Now?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 09:43 PM
1st Gear
Default Daughter Chose a 06 A4 B7 2.0TQ over a 08 Mustang GT Now?

We just brought the 06 B7 A4 2.0T Quattro home 6 nights ago... The A4 has 75K miles on it... Interior is like new condition...The Engine bay and 2.0T was clean as just off the showroom... Previous owner took really excellent care of it...

Ok... Changed the oil and filter yesterday... M1 0W-40 with the Mann oil filter...Very clean and easy service... Will make the OCI between 5K and 7K miles...

Ordered a new air filter and cabin air filter today...

Now I focusing on--->
1. Coolant Change
2. Brake Fluid Change
3. Power Steering Fluid Change
4. Transmission Fluid Change
5. Rear End Fluid Change

I have all the fluids picked out except the Transmission Fluid...
I was curious what other Quattro owners poured in or the dealers used?
Is this a very specialized ATF? What is the recommended OCI?

I noticed a drain plug on the transmission pan this will help with service...

My daughters car was destroyed in the Tornado 1 month ago and insurance handed us a nice check so this is the car she chose... Now I'm having to learn German Engineering!

Any advice on the Transmission Fluid and Service life of the Fluid would be appreciated.

Thanks SyN

Please tell me this is not my only choice of ATF----->http://www.europaparts.com/automatic...g060162a2.html
$44.95 a Liter Holy Cow!!

Last edited by A4 SyN; 05-27-2012 at 09:49 PM. Reason: I'm Old.
Old 05-28-2012, 02:58 PM
1st Gear

ROFL!!! Ok I will just contact the audi dealer and ask them. Thanks for all the advice..

I know after doing more research into this... Very Few Owners even know what to do about this.

Old 05-28-2012, 07:32 PM
1st Gear

Or, it's a holiday weekend...

Old 05-28-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Certified

You need to use VW / Audi spec fluid for everything. Coolant is G12 or equivalent. Oil is 10w 30 Synthetic. Power Steering is mineral based and needs to be VW / Audi comparable. And you most likely will not be able to do the trans service yourself. There is only a drain plug No fill plug. To get in in the trans must be over 35 degrees Celcius and gravity fed in using a special tool.

Your daughter made a good choice........... Mustang's outside the specialites (Rousch, Saleen, SVT) are pieces of crap. The A4 is all wheel drive and practical. Fun to drive and reliable with the extended warranties

Old 05-29-2012, 08:19 PM
1st Gear

TeK: Thank you for your advice... I already have the G12 being shipped... I will look into having the Audi dealer flush the ATF... Brake Fluid has been changed as well as the Power Steering fluid... My concern now is the 2.0T DI Valve Carbon Build Up... Do you have any advice on this problem? The pictures I have seen of the carbon build up on the valves is ridiculous!

Last edited by A4 SyN; 05-29-2012 at 08:22 PM. Reason: always thinking
Old 05-31-2012, 09:33 PM
1st Gear

one tip...on the next car you buy when you know you are going to buy it is to have em do all the maint! pain in the butt you are stuck doing it IMO....anyways congrats!

Old 06-02-2012, 04:55 PM
1st Gear

Good advice! Sad thing is I have always had either Ford or Chevy Autos where I could do all the maintenance myself in my driveway... Now I still can do almost all of it with this A4... Now the really only thing I am concerned about is the Valve Deposit Issue...

But you are correct do my homework first... I just had no idea we would be driving home a n Audi A4 Quattro Home... I did all my homework on the Mustang GT.

Before Winter arrives I will make a call to the dealer and schedule a transmission fluid change... I just hope I can trust them to have honestly done it when they say they did...

I will say this... After working on the A4 a bit and driving this car... I believe it is 10X the car the GT is... if that makes sense?

Last edited by A4 SyN; 06-02-2012 at 05:21 PM. Reason: I have no bloody Idea.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Certified

You can top end clean your Audi like any other car. There are two forms of carbon deposits and build up. On the valves and on the injector tips.... Best advice is to inform your daughter to let the car always warm up to temperature even on short drives... because if the carbon doesn't get the time to burn off it just hardens and layers up until it blocks passages or keeps a valve from closing

Old 06-06-2012, 09:01 PM
1st Gear

From hours of reading.. I think Im going to install a catch can and switch to a Low SAPS oil and 5K-7 mile OCI... And just before every oil change do a seafoam treatment throw through the IAT Hole...

Old 06-08-2012, 12:46 AM
1st Gear

Shell gas will also help with the carbon build up! Make sure to tell your daughter the warm up and cool down process to keep her turbo lasting longer!

Quick Reply: Daughter Chose a 06 A4 B7 2.0TQ over a 08 Mustang GT Now?