B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Buying my first Audi in a month!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 08:46 AM
Default Buying my first Audi in a month!

My year tour in South Korea is finally over. As I return to the states, I am buying a pre-owned certified A4 from Willow Grove PA.

I got some questions for you fellow Audi enthusiasts:

Does Blue Tooth come with the 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan?

What kind of speakers do they come with?

Is there any available Zune hardware that can plug into the stereo?

What's the biggest size rims I can fit on the A4?

Is there anything specific I should be aware of before purchasing an A4? I know its pre-owned certified, but would there be anything else to keep an eye out for?

Any given advice would greatly be appreciated. I'm not looking to fully mod my car, but I'm just curious.

Thanks!

Daryl White

Old 06-15-2010, 09:36 AM
2nd Gear

I don't believe bluetooth was standard in 2007. Parrot has a kit, the CK3000 that plugs into the Audi Symphony radio that will use your cars sound system, and mute it during a call. There is even a kit available to let the Parrot system work with the existing phone buttons on the steering wheel. If you do a search, you can find a posting on one of the Audi forums, in which a guy takes you through the installation process step by step with pictures. If I can locate it I will post the link. I don't know what are the base speakers, but there is a Bose option. There is an adaptor available for an Ipod connection, but check, in 07 or 08 the Audi radio's started comming with a built in jack. I don't have a clue about the rims though. As for known issues, the PCV valve, and diverter valves are known weak points, especially if you mod the car. Audi has revised parts available. The other weak point is the cam follower for the high pressure fuel pump. it can wear damaging the fuel pump and intake cam. Halfway through 07, cars started coming out with a revised part for this problem too, although some people question as to if it solves the problem. Some say that moding the car can increase the failure rate for the cam follower too. Just check the forum, you will find info on those trouble points I mentioned. If you are mechanically inclined, you should be able to pull the pump, and inspect the follower and replace if nessessary. You will love the car, especially if you have the quattro in the winter months.

Old 06-17-2010, 04:44 PM

Wow, thats brilliant advise.

Old 06-18-2010, 04:18 AM

Thank you for the advice. I will most def check everything out. I'm pretty confident my next car being Audi Certified will catch everything, but I will keep an eye out for it. Thank you again! I can't wait to get acclimated to driving again... Going from driving on the Autobahns to not driving for a whole year in Korea...woof. LOL

Old 06-20-2010, 01:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by daryljwhite70
My year tour in South Korea is finally over. As I return to the states, I am buying a pre-owned certified A4 from Willow Grove PA.

I got some questions for you fellow Audi enthusiasts:

Does Blue Tooth come with the 2007 Audi A4 2.0T Sedan?

What kind of speakers do they come with?

Is there any available Zune hardware that can plug into the stereo?

What's the biggest size rims I can fit on the A4?

Is there anything specific I should be aware of before purchasing an A4? I know its pre-owned certified, but would there be anything else to keep an eye out for?

Any given advice would greatly be appreciated. I'm not looking to fully mod my car, but I'm just curious.

Thanks!

Daryl White
my a4 has bluetooth. hands free calling is just too cool.

for speakers, i'm just rocking the bose system. it was the basic stereo available. it's pretty good. it has a subwoofer.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:35 AM

esandes,

I'll keep my eye out for the premium package!