B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Buying a car with 140k?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 11:01 AM
1st Gear

So I have now found a very clean and well taken care of 07 A4 6MT Quattro S Line. 77k miles and very good service records. Any thing to look out for on a S Line compared to a std. He is asking $16.9k. Seems to be a decent price given the condition. What do you guys think?

Old 02-14-2012, 01:46 PM
2nd Gear

Nothing different that from the standard A4. With 77k you have (hopefully) about 45k miles before the timing belt will need replacing. Depending on how many miles you put on the car that could be 2 to 3 years away. I bought mine with 60k for $19,500 and thought I got a great deal so the price doesn't seem out of line. I bet there is some play in it. Good luck.

Don't have a manual so I am unsure what you need to check for wear and tear on that.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:39 PM
1st Gear

Ha well seeing as this thread will never die. Any of you have experience purchasing a car with a lien through Audi financial? How difficult is it and what's the best way to do it

Old 02-16-2012, 11:40 AM
2nd Gear

I am absolutly no help here! I am curious though. Guessing you might need to contact Audi and find out from them what it would take to release the lien. If you are paying cash for the car (not getting a loan) it may only take issuing a wire transfer for the outstanding amount owed to them (including any fees) to clear the lien.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:17 AM
1st Gear

I have a 05 A4 2.0T Quattro with 170,000k and it runs better than some Audi's I've driven with 60k.....it's all depends on how well people take care of it.

Old 03-22-2024, 05:14 PM
1st Gear

Considering purchasing a car with 140k mileage? It's a significant decision, but with the right dealership, it can be a smart move. At Jeep Vidi, you'll find a wide selection of quality vehicles, including those with higher mileage. Explore their inventory at jeep-vidi and discover reliable options that suit your needs and budget. With their expertise and commitment to customer satisfaction, you can drive away with confidence.

Old 05-27-2024, 07:22 AM
1st Gear
Default Still runnng? Going well. No massive costs. Feedback appreciated.

Mines an 07 3.0 diesel Avant Quattro S line.
UK based. 140K just reached.
I bought it at just 6 years ago for a great price and it’s done me proud since.

Yeah, the weighted steering can feel ponderous, but it goes real well. Eats the miles and feels like a luxury car to me.
The “Symphony” radio is playing up and despite fitting a used (tested?) ebay sourced antenna amplifier (didn’t help much) it has a hard time getting reception and crackles a lot.

A fuel gauge issue I had was complex (dual sensors in the saddle tank. - the dash gauge rapidly dropped to empty in be the level fell to half - mysterious as the sensors tested ok. eventually disconnecting the battery overnight sorted that! I hope)
Aircon compressor replaced (seems a common issue), anti rollbar bushes, rear springs. Inevitable discs and pads. Nothing awful to date.
Still on the original shocks and exhaust.

She’s reached140k now and the suspension has become much more clunky. it’s been deteriorating a while.
In an earlier repair, replacing the anti roll bar bushings and rear coils helped a lot. But now it’s suddenly pretty clunky on uneven roads. Suddenly the steering creaks too. There’s a thump from tye RH rear too.
There were advisories on the suspension arm ball joint rubber gaiters/covers on the last mot test (but no play detected)
That could be a clue I guess.

We have a lot of potholes in the UK and they really do cause a clonk now like a high mileage minicab! - OEM low profile tyres aren’t helping either, of course.

She’s going in for inspection this week and I have fingers crossed they can diagnose and fix the suspension issue.
I’m told the alloy parts under there get pretty well seized.

When I ask about keeping her going and recurrent issues on the 3.0 diesel the mechanic mentions the timing chain tensioners & the auto box can fail. Fuel pump too (catastrophic apparently) . I guess that could happen.
Hope not.
My A6 3.0 petrol Avant Q died at 130K - timing belt failed just after an expensive repair session inc the aircon pump. We call that “Sods Law” here in the UK.

I’d be very sad to give up on my car. I really am fond of it. And then there’s the cost of a decent replacement and the ULEZ decision to make.

I’m kinda wondering if anyone has experience past 140K the last years as that might help me know if I have a good chance of a few more years I after I fix the suspension.

Of course every car is different but reading about high mileage B7s, especially the 3.0 Q is very encouraging.

Old 06-08-2024, 08:36 AM
1st Gear

A quality car that won't let you down,