B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Brake change at dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 07:26 AM
1st Gear

Good take your garbage homer simpson logic elsewhere , you are in the wrong forum anyways..

Audi Brake Rotor Disc Kit - Front - A4 2002-05 w/ 1.8L 4 Cylinder Engine

I believe that is a B6 I could be wrong but aren't B7 2005-2008?? Is that where you buy your Audi parts? Oh wait you keep avoiding to mention which Audi you have, you drive a truck and a Jeep so do you just come here to troll around? and what about the rear? And what makes those "superior"? I'm not saying genuine Audi is the ultimate but you were the one to say he could get "MUCH higher quality" implying that the Audi components were inferior products without any shred of evidence, I just don't want someone to take bad advice and then go "WTF happen? These parts are supposed to be BETTER"

OP said "Car is a 2008 A4 3.2L by the way, 55k miles"

so nice recommendation, telling him to put parts on his car that doesn't even fit...You need to take your fallacious reasoning elsewhere because the more you babble on the more apparent it becomes that you have no idea what you are talking about, from your irrelevant conclusions to hasty generalizations, the more you type the more it demonstrates that you have no facts to back up the claims you make...

Old 02-08-2012, 07:42 AM
1st Gear

1. Clearly you cannot read. I said I joined because I'm in the market buying an Audi. If you could read you would have understood that.

2. You also would have understood that I've been working on cars for more than a decade so yeah, i think I do know what I'm talking about. How many frame off rebuilds have you done? I've done 4. And I have build threads on Pirate4x4 to prove it, many of which cost more than a New Audi, so don't get all high and mighty on me.

3. Yes he does have a B7, you said "I grabbed the first one I saw" so I did the same thing. I don't believe I had said "Here buy these ones" I said These would work just fine. I never said these work on your vehicle, buy and install these. Why? Because he already went to the dealer and had it installed. My link was an example of equal quality for MUCH lower price. Logic dictates if you can get equal quality with much lower price you can most probably get MUCH higher quality for Equal price. Do you understand that now? I'm new to the Audi scene so I dont know all the aftermarket retailers for these cars so I cant provide a link to the higher quality stuff. As far as I know Liquid Iron doesn't make Audi parts and neither does Staangs Fab and they're all I've dealt with for parts in the last 5 years. So no I dont have a link to said performance parts but I'm sure if he asked around someone would be able to help him find a set that would work great without much modification.

4. My "Homer Simpson" Logic has built many cars and repaired more than I can count so talk down to me as much as you want, I know my skills with a wrench, torch, welder far exceed yours based on this discussion so your cute little insults don't bother me.

If you want to continue this BS pissing match do it via PM instead of clogging up this Thread. I'd be happy to provide you all the links you want to prove my skills but I'm not going to continue arguing with you bringing this thread farther off topic.

Edit: Incase of confusion I have gone back and added in brakes that actually do fit his car. You do bring up a good point that if someone didnt actually read our argument they could just click on that and order. They of course would be an idiot for not reading the link but just incase.

Last edited by RedneckinaSuit; 02-08-2012 at 07:55 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:59 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by RedneckinaSuit
Logic dictates if you can get equal quality with much lower price you can most probably get MUCH higher quality for Equal price.

That is just more fallacious reasoning, your post is littered with it everywhere and you continue to use it on every argument. Do you know what fallacious reasoning is? google it and educate yourself so you can make a proper post. You still fail to provide proof so just accept that higher quality parts can be had but not at your gorilla price of $400....

you said "I grabbed the first one I saw" so I did the same thing.
Yes I did grab the first one I saw, but it was also fit for a B7 A4 (all engines)..

I'm not here to knock vendors or suppliers so I am not going to mention names but you don't have to go away from audiforums.com to find the problems people have had with aftermarket rotors warping and then they have had to replace them with, what? Audi rotors, no not every Audi part is better, (the PCV valve sucks) but general consensus is the rotors are better then MOST aftermarket ones and you would know this if you had been around here more then a week.

I have no need to discuss skill with you, this isn't handyman challenge here, I work with wrenches/tools as part of my daily job, I also deal with equipment that uses CAN-bus communication, the same form that the newer model Audi uses so I think it is safe to say I know what I am doing when it comes to working on my Audi...

Welding Oooo, it took a one week course to get my ticket for that, welding is about as hard as making Kraft dinner, I build elevators on a daily basis, I never doubted your mechanical skill, it was more of a debate on your intellect with regards to quality parts. If YOUR OPINION is that cheaper is better/equal and paying for Audi is just paying for a name that is fine, but you stated it as a fact and not opinion, which is wrong...

Below is your FIRST post on THIS THREAD, I do not see ANY mention of you in the market for Audi, with a statement like that it sounds like you have already changed brakes on an Audi and bought the parts when in fact you don't even own the car lol. So basically you are just talking out your a$$ about a car you never worked on with parts you never bought..

"You'll have better quality brakes and know its done right and not about to fall apart.

$800 is theft as far as I'm concerned. You could do those brakes with MUCH higher quality parts for a few hours in your driveway and half the price."

Last edited by Ericcg82; 02-08-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:39 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Ericcg82
Below is your FIRST post on THIS THREAD, I do not see ANY mention of you in the market for Audi, with a statement like that it sounds like you have already changed brakes on an Audi and bought the parts when in fact you don't even own the car lol. So basically you are just talking out your a$$ about a car you never worked on with parts you never bought..

"You'll have better quality brakes and know its done right and not about to fall apart.

$800 is theft as far as I'm concerned. You could do those brakes with MUCH higher quality parts for a few hours in your driveway and half the price."
I'm just going to ignore the top portion of your post since I've already had this discussion with you.

This portion here though I never mentioned owning the vehicle, and when I said Intro I said INTRO not my first post in this thread. My INTRO is in the INTRO section.. You see what I'm doing there?

I can almost guarantee I've changed more brakes in the past 2 years than you have in your lifetime. I have seen mechanics leave air in the system, install brakes LITERALLY on the wrong side of the car, fail to adjust, or adjust completely wrong. And as an FYI, you might be able to weld, but I'd like to see you produce quality welds on varying types of steel.

The point I was making in this post is by doing it yourself you ATLEAST save labour, and you know its done right and not by some first year tech who stripped a caliper retainer bolt and didnt tell anyone.

You could very well be right that Audi make the best quality brakes for this particular car, I don't 100% know that. However I wasnt trying to say that Audi makes terrible parts, I was pointing out that by doing it yourself you guarantee that your brakes are installed correctly and wont need to be done again. I may have been talking out my *** with regard to quality being different but if I am I apologize. I based my opinion on EVERY other car manufacturer I've ever worked on where you could get better quality parts than the OEM offered. That being said I've never worked on a Ferrari, lambo, or Mercedes-Benz(well the AMG ones anyway)

Can you let this rest or are you going to continue to troll?

Old 02-08-2012, 01:19 PM
Tech Certified

Glad to see there are people here that know everything , just like Me

Old 02-08-2012, 02:18 PM
1st Gear

cool, when do I need to change the rotors?
where can I get the oem rotors and break pads?
or should I get aftermarket rotors and break pads?
I would like to do it myself save some bugs.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:52 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by alonebb
cool, when do I need to change the rotors?
where can I get the oem rotors and break pads?
or should I get aftermarket rotors and break pads?
I would like to do it myself save some bugs.
Google Audi A4 brake pads and rotors and you'll get plenty of places to get these parts.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:46 AM
1st Gear

This portion here though I never mentioned owning the vehicle, and when I said Intro I said INTRO not my first post in this thread. My INTRO is in the INTRO section.. You see what I'm doing there?
Sorry I never followed your posts around nor do I read the intro section that much so I never even read your intro post..

And as an FYI, you might be able to weld, but I'd like to see you produce quality welds on varying types of steel.
I probably can't weld stainless or some other types because I never have to and I do know it is more difficult, but I am not a welder by trade, you are probably superior to me when it comes to welding, do I know how to do it? Yes, am I the best? far from it... however when it comes to anything electrical whether it be troubleshooting or engineering I can guarantee that you can't come close.

The point I was making in this post is by doing it yourself you ATLEAST save labour, and you know its done right and not by some first year tech who stripped a caliper retainer bolt and didnt tell anyone.
I totally agree with that, hence why I do all my work, however working on cars is not for everyone, regardless of how easy it may or may not be some people are just too intimidated to do it and prefer to seek advice just so when they have someone else doing it they know they are not getting hosed...

Last edited by Ericcg82; 02-09-2012 at 12:44 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:14 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Google Audi A4 brake pads and rotors and you'll get plenty of places to get these parts.
what is the oem brand of the break pads?

Old 02-09-2012, 12:43 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by alonebb
what is the oem brand of the break pads?
If you are looking for OE pads and rotors then check ECStuning, not sure if it is the absolute lowest price but I find them to have the best selelction. you might as well get the hardware if changing the rotors for the few $ is costs..

Quick Reply: Brake change at dealership?