B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

Bose vs. Non-bose

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2011, 04:11 AM
1st Gear
Default Bose vs. Non-bose

I guess I didn't do all my research, but Im still happy with my new B7 :-D.

Here is the issue:

My car does not have Bose audio, but I was just wondering. Are the Bose speakers that much better on the B7? And whether or not you'd recommend changing the OEM speakers in my car right now. Thank you! I'm still new! Sorry if I posted something in the wrong place or something.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:11 AM
2nd Gear

Don't stress about not getting the Bose system--I have it and it's not all that great. My '98 Mustang with a Kenwood deck and 4 Infinity Reference 6x8s sounded better. Just save your pennies and redo the audio system with good stuff when you get the chance.

Old 09-19-2011, 05:07 PM
2nd Gear

I habe the Bose in my Trailblazer and it's the worst stock sounding system I've ever had. The Bose speakers are still crappy paper speakers at least im my truck. Aftermarket is always better.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:22 PM
Banned

bose is crap. i have it in my a4. it's the base stereo system.

Old 09-20-2011, 02:48 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by esandes
bose is crap. i have it in my a4. it's the base stereo system.
To be fair, the Bose system was a package upgrade, not the base system (at least it was in my '06). It's not stellar, though. There's an audio industry saying "No highs, no lows--must be Bose." They're just really good at marketing.

Honestly, you'll probably be better off without it if you want to upgrade later. Bose has a really odd rear deck speaker that I don't know if anyone makes anything off-the-shelf to replace it.

Old 09-20-2011, 04:03 PM
Banned
Talking

Originally Posted by KingWulfgar
To be fair, the Bose system was a package upgrade, not the base system (at least it was in my '06). It's not stellar, though. There's an audio industry saying "No highs, no lows--must be Bose." They're just really good at marketing.

Honestly, you'll probably be better off without it if you want to upgrade later. Bose has a really odd rear deck speaker that I don't know if anyone makes anything off-the-shelf to replace it.
LOL, that's great; no highs, no lows-must be bose. my bookshelf sony has 2x6.5" speakers that absolutely rocks the 7 speaker (2 tweets, 4x6.5" and a sub) bose system. next time, it's B&O or the base system and i'll replace it with aftermarket-it's probably cheaper that way anyway.

Old 09-21-2011, 02:52 PM
2nd Gear

Its funny how the Bose Systems in all these higher end cars are absolutely crap.

There home stuff is so goos and my Bose ear-buds with silicone inserts are the best ear buds i've ever owned. Makes me mad how they can do the car stuff so shitty and these companies give them all that business.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:12 PM
1st Gear

my b7 has the bose system and i think it sounds good. theres no sub but the lows hit good enough for what i listen to.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:39 AM
1st Gear

Guess you guys need to hear the system from my ears.
In my '07 A4 Avant,it sounds like an intimate performance.Plus the subwoofer can almost shake the mirrors off my ride.hehe

Old 11-07-2011, 01:46 PM
1st Gear

I have the bose in my current b7, and had the basic system in my old one. The bose is definitely a little better, but only a little, and the bass is just simply NOT ENOUGH. what were they thinking? My dad's VW with his stock Dynaudio (600-700W) kicks the Bose's butt into the middle of last century. You should NOT be sorry that you don't have it. Just get a decent aftermarket one.

Quick Reply: Bose vs. Non-bose