B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

audi a4 b7 stereo

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 01:50 PM
1st Gear
Default audi a4 b7 stereo

Hi new to this hope someone has the knowledge I need I have a 55 reg with a standard CD player. I want to be able play music off my Samsung s4. The car has no blue tooth or aux point which is what I use in my transit van. Is there an aux on the back of the stereo I can run a wire from or is it a new stereo needed?? I Dnt really want to go down the android parrot CD players as there tacky looking and Slow and I want to keep the original bits! Can anyone give me a suggestion please thanks in advance

Old 03-19-2014, 02:18 PM
1st Gear

search the web for products like the DICE ipod integration kit. you may be able to hookup that to the factory radio. i have the stock one in the glovebox and use a special cable with a 3.5mm jack to connect my phone. unfortunately, adding bluetooth music is very expensive and complicated if you dont want to upgrade to an aftermarket headunit. if you have any more specific questions i can try to give more info

Old 03-19-2014, 03:18 PM
2nd Gear

I added the i-Audi-r by DICE to my 2006 (Symphony II) factory radio. It has the iPod connector, but also has an aux input. Should work as long as your car is set up for factory CD changer control. There may be a new or different model set up to work with Android--who knows. If you want to keep your factory stuff, an adapter that mimics CD changer functionality is the way to go.

Check with the guys an Enfig if you have any questions. They're very helpful.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:21 PM
1st Gear

I'm not totally knowlegable on this topic but just an idea I'd like to kick out. If your stock unit does not have the capabilities and you want to keep the stock appeal, would it be possible to just find another "stock type" head unit that does have the capabilities?

Old 03-20-2014, 08:26 AM
1st Gear

Thanks for that guys, im not sure on connectors to the rear of the stereo would be the same. i suppose if there is a B7 head unit with these capabilities then that would be perfect. does anyone know of 1?

Old 03-22-2014, 12:46 AM
1st Gear

there are some chinese knock offs on amazon for $400+

Old 03-22-2014, 07:02 PM
1st Gear

I have the B7 and I have brought a £6 cable of of ebay and fitted the AUX. the cable goes from the multi CD changer in the back of the stereo to a 3.5mm Female jack that you can mount somewhere in the cab, apart from that all you need is to recode radio to recognise that it has an Aux now and press and hold the CD button untill the "Aux" display shows and your good to go. Female 3.5mm AUX Audio Input Cable for Audi VW SKODA SEAT MP3 iPod iPhone Music | eBay

Old 08-26-2016, 01:15 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Town573
I have the B7 and I have brought a £6 cable of of ebay and fitted the AUX. the cable goes from the multi CD changer in the back of the stereo to a 3.5mm Female jack that you can mount somewhere in the cab, apart from that all you need is to recode radio to recognise that it has an Aux now and press and hold the CD button untill the "Aux" display shows and your good to go. Female 3.5mm AUX Audio Input Cable for Audi VW SKODA SEAT MP3 iPod iPhone Music | eBay
Sorry, new to the group. I just bought a 2007 A4 yesterday and want to add the aux port you described. How do you recode the radio? I know this thread is old, so hopefully you're still on here to respond. Thanks.

Old 08-28-2016, 10:38 PM
1st Gear

not sure how to recode the radio but start with a dealer and they can walk you through it and possibly get you the code

Old 08-31-2016, 03:01 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by imaudi5000
not sure how to recode the radio but start with a dealer and they can walk you through it and possibly get you the code
Thanks. The closest Audi dealer is about 65 miles away. I'll try to call them.

Quick Reply: audi a4 b7 stereo