B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

AOA Now Extending Warranty For CAM Follower?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 12:45 PM
1st Gear

I'm at my Audi dealer right now and u fortunately my 2008 isn't included in this extension. Would that be because there isn't a problem with the 2008s?

Old 08-25-2011, 02:08 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by JHAW
I'm at my Audi dealer right now and u fortunately my 2008 isn't included in this extension. Would that be because there isn't a problem with the 2008s?
From the talk that went around the forum about this issue in the past, I believe Audi says they had fixed it by 2008 with an updated follower (the one they are putting in now with the replacement jobs).

Old 09-16-2011, 04:46 PM
1st Gear
Default Shady Audi Dealership... now I've got AoA in the mix.

Originally Posted by dredog1984
I just finished a 1600 mile road trip and discovered that gasoline was leaking out of the top of my HPFP, near whatever electrical connection is there. Needless to say, after I confirmed my VIN qualified for the extended warranty, it is sitting at the dealership waiting for inspection and repair. I do not like driving around with a fire extinguisher.

The language of the letter does not say that the issue absolutely has to be related to the illumination of the MIL. Here's hoping the pump and follower are replaced free of charge.

I watched a YouTube video of an individual that had exactly the same problem I have, so it is clearly not an isolated issue. A drop or two every 4-5 seconds. I would suggest that all of you pop the plastic cover off the top of your 2.0T motor and take a peek. It leaked regardless of if the engine was running or not.
UPDATE:

HPFPs were on backorder so the dealership provided a loaner for three weeks. It was replaced on 9/14 and was told that the HPFP wouldn't be covered because the camshaft and cam follower were 'fine'. I reviewed the invoice and noticed that the cam follower was listed as a replaced part, so I asked the service manager if it was replaced. A random tech heard my question and said, "Yep, that's the first thing to wear out." He also confirmed that there was wear on the follower. I was charged $721 for the entire repair, none of which was covered under the warranty, according to the dealership anyway.

I have been on the horn with AoA throughout the entire process and it seems that momentum has shifted in my direction. Customer Service has been very sympathetic but sided with the dealership until I told them that the follower was replaced. Now they are investigating further and are discussing with 'internal resources' to see if this was all done improperly and if I am entitled to any compensation. I have been extremely polite, but all the while being the squeakiest wheel I can be. I'll update further once I hear from AoA on Monday.