B7 Models Please discuss all 2005.5 - 2008 B7 A4 topics here...

2.0T FSI & 2.0T FSIe bad PCV how many?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 01:26 PM
1st Gear

i just had the audi dealer pull my vin to see when my pcv if and when my pcv had been replaced by the previous owner, they told me at 41000 miles under a tsb and it was replaced with a "H" no problems yet at 54000, but will probably invest in the aftermarket "bulletproof" one if mine fails. thanks for the headsup on this though.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:25 PM
Banned

no problems here

Old 10-20-2009, 11:37 PM
1st Gear
Default US vs German Audi's (Dealers)

Originally Posted by phosphateb
A US and German audi? What the heck??? i can only imagine the difference is software? comments? i cant wait till the vw/audi production begins in chattanooga TN...hopefully we will get more poop from what the motor engineers say about this and that. OBTW and AUDI automotive engineers out there...bitte melde Dich :-)
Yes that is the problem we have here living and working overseas. While my current Audi dealer (#3) (German) can pretty much deal with 100% of any mechanical problems that can occur with US Audi/VW's , the software updates are completely Taboo. I am just happy that I found an Audi dealer that deals with a lot of Americans here and knows how our cars work as well as Tax, warranty etc. The 2 other dealers I used were almost at a loss.

When I went to Audi (#1) for my first 5000 mile service, they thought I was crazy. The head mechanic said that new Audi's (German) do not require the first service until 30,000km (17tmls)! I explained to them it had to be done because of my warranty etc. they were okay with that, it just confused them.

I brought my A4 in last year for winter tire's and wheels (wanted steel rims cheaper) Audi (#2) said no problem. When they tried to fit the steel rims on the car they could not. Audi said my brakes were bigger than normal German A4 2.0T's (like S4's?) They said that was great for my stopping power, but there were no steel rims that fit my car. Since they had given me a bad quote I got a real nice set of Audi Winter Aluminum rims at the same price of the steel ones!

Anyway at least now I have a good (understanding) Audi dealer.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Banned

Yes, I tried to get those cheap steel black wheels for new winter tires and they don't make them for (my) Audi.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:51 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by aetius
Audi said my brakes were bigger than normal German A4 2.0T's (like S4's?) They said that was great for my stopping power,
wow..we get an upgrade on the brakes and we drive slower?? looks like audi could make more profit here but for some reason are not?/mystery. thanks!

Old 10-21-2009, 11:25 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by phosphateb
wow..we get an upgrade on the brakes and we drive slower?? looks like audi could make more profit here but for some reason are not?/mystery. thanks!
I am right there with you. Our A4's are governed to 210kmh while the German A4 2.0T 200hp are wide open, but we have the larger brakes. The 2# Audi dealer I went to said that brakes like mine (ours) are not needed for the A4 2.0t. The listed speed for the German A4 2.0t is 241kmh (with smaller brakes).

Although I do not see that many 2.0T's here, Germans are more into TDi motors. When I do see a gas engine it is almost always a 1.8t engine.
(I even see A3's with a 1.4T engine!) The majority of the A4's here (B6/7/8) run with the 1.9tdi, 2.0tdi 140hp or 170hp, and 2.5,2.7 & 3.0tdi. Probably because gas prices for the Germans are very high while diesel is cheaper (and gets better mileage).

Old 10-31-2009, 10:39 PM
1st Gear

i wanted to see how fast my a4 would go and like you said 210km per hour or from what i saw 135 mph! wow if it was wide open the 30kph faster should put it at 153 miles per hour..wow! will keep the original software i guess and never chip the car. i am a happy owner...

Old 11-01-2009, 11:07 PM
1st Gear

I think most people chip their cars for more power so they can get to top speeds that much faster!

Old 11-07-2009, 01:57 PM
1st Gear

Just a followup to the small problem that I had with this (and it is a small problem). I checked the part the Germans put in, they only have the Rev E so it will no doubt fail again in 20 to 25tmls again. I plan on ordering the DV and PCV from the states and have it installed in the future to prevent this from happening again (I hope). Although I have to say since the German Audi dealer has worked on my car it hauls some serious butt!

But the way I see it, I will probably have an A4 B8 (or B9) before my B7 goes down again!

Old 11-07-2009, 10:26 PM
2nd Gear

Get the BSH PCV fix. It will not fail. Along with the D Diverter valve. You won't be sorry. There is no stock fix for the PCV that has not failed.