B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

You would figure....

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 10:32 AM
1st Gear
Default You would figure....

That Germans after all these years could figure out how to make and automatic transmission that works. My auto has been having issues going into reverse (not for me...ever, but apparently it doesn't like anyone else who drives my car). I had my brother hook it up to his modus and it shot back that the tranny was low on fluid. We put the car on the lift and took a look underneath. There is no evidence of leakage from the tranny case anywhere. We went through the nonsense of removing the "dipstick" in the transmission. (I call it a dipstick because quite honestly I don't know what else to call it. It isn't really like a dipstick, more of a tube) Of course we had to go to the dealership and buy a $40 tool to do it, along with a few quarts of $14 a quart tranny fluid (joy) Filled it and its fine. Though it was always fine for me to begin with, I guess these hacks just don't have the touch.

At any rate, has anyone else had issues like this? I'm just curious. I guess it's my fault for getting an auto instead of a stick, but I got this car for $5000 less than book, so I really couldn't say no.

Oh, and I got hit while parked on the side of the road...AGAIN. Second time since February....Getting pretty LAME.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:00 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: You would figure....

lol well for getting hid parked on the side of the road isn't the fault of the car being german, although many could say it is haha! as for problems with auto transmissions, i have seen a few problems for ppl on the B6 forums, but i have a stick so i cant helo you very much
with that, but check on the forums or do a search... did the fluid not fix the problem? and i guess it just means nobody else can drive you car, which i would say is a good thing lol