B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Trial flash left me bummed.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 12:30 AM
1st Gear
Default Trial flash left me bummed.

I went to get APR programming today, and I was ablsolutely set on it. I had the guy upload the trial just so I could go mob around and get a feel for what $500 gets me. I have to say that it was a major let down. It was faster than normal, and pushed a bit harder but when it really came down to it,1.8's are just slow. I was even planning to go 1+ but the guy said it wasn't much faster with the bigger injectors. I know people will say thereis probably a boost leak, and maybe there is but I wasn't compelled to shell out the cash for it. Now I'm getting a big *** tv to fill the void my slow *** car couldn't fill. I don't want to sway anybody away from chipped, but just realize that 200hp at the crank doesn't amount to a whole lot on a quattro.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:58 AM
Administrator
Default RE: Trial flash left me bummed.

thats one dumb but honest saleman
when i chipped my car i saw nuthin special, it was blah

Old 02-19-2008, 01:04 AM
1st Gear

The Ferrari F1, as in that nice little car that goes 0-60 in 2.3 seconds, has a total displacement of under 3 liters and is NA. 1.8T is fast, its just the rest of your car that isn't. The car is slow stock because its not built to race, its meant to drive you safely back and forth from work and possibly have a little fun with on the highways. If you want the kind of performance I think you're looking for, the engine can deliver it, but you're going to need to upgrade the rest of the components.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:29 AM
Administrator

the A4 is an entry lvl luxary sports car, it is advertised to be a performace car but it doesnt live up to it, small engine and small turbo plus the heavy wieght isnt an equation for speed
but u can always make it fast wit a big turbo and other things

Old 02-19-2008, 02:23 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: PandaXpress

the A4 is an entry lvl luxary sports car, it is advertised to be a performace car but it doesnt live up to it, small engine and small turbo plus the heavy wieght isnt an equation for speed
but u can always make it fast wit a big turbo and other things

true true, but it does kinda hurt a little when you know that like every other car on the planet comes stock with more hp than you even after you are chipped. [:@]

Old 02-19-2008, 02:35 AM
1st Gear

I think stock 1.8t is plenty fast for everyday driving. Like really, how fast are you looking to go? Buy a mustang or something then. I bought this car for the overall performance/design and i'm happy (So far) with my decision. (minus the gas mileage).

Old 02-19-2008, 03:04 AM
1st Gear

oh, dont get me wrong, im in it for the overall package as well. i dont thnk ill buy anything but an audi for a long time just gotta get balla enough for an s4[8D]

Old 02-19-2008, 10:29 AM
2nd Gear

save the $ and put a BT kit for $5K (APR 3+), clutch and intercooler and you will be faster than an s4 and still get 25-30 mpg on the hwy... the 10mpg of the s4 ran me off!

i have 1+ and its a big improvement... you will feel it most on the highway but you will at some point need a intercooler an exhaust/test pipeto take full benefit from it

Old 02-19-2008, 10:39 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: assegai

I think stock 1.8t is plenty fast for everyday driving. Like really, how fast are you looking to go? Buy a mustang or something then. I bought this car for the overall performance/design and i'm happy (So far) with my decision. (minus the gas mileage).
The thing is, I'm not out trying to race people but I do want a car that can get up and go when needed. Case in point, the day before yesterday, some idiot was pushing his truck downhill trying to start it and it was about to run into me while I was waiting to make a left on a busy street. Little did I know, there was a car coming I couldn't see behind him and just about got t-boned because my car took a second to respond to the throttle. I am happy with my decision of buying an A4 because I've always wanted one based on style alone. I just wished they packed a bit more power and got better milage for the power I'm getting (seriously, avg 18. c'mon). As for spending 3-4k just to get it up to the speed with the competition, I think I'll be happy cruising slow looking good.

Old 02-19-2008, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Problem is that you didnt do the trial of REVO

Quick Reply: Trial flash left me bummed.