B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

small vibration after chip.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 10:52 AM
1st Gear
Default small vibration after chip.

I had the APR stage 1 flash done a few days ago and when i was driving home from the shop I felt a small vibration coming from the rear amd a few minutes later a coil pack failed..I went the next day and bought 4 new coil packs from the VW dealership ($$$) and that fixed the problem, but I still have a slight vibration coming from the rear. Its not at high speeds its when Im accelerating in 3, 4, 5. I never felt this before I went to get the chip. Any ideas?

Also after the flash my turbo is screaming..i love the sound but it sounds like its too much for my little k03.
thanks.

Old 03-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Tech Guru
Default RE: small vibration after chip.

did you upgrade the dv?

do you have an intake?

give more details about the car

also...... not to tell you that you are stupid, but if i had my car tunned and then had an issue on the way home, my first thing to do would be turn around and go back to the shop that did the tunning

Old 03-11-2008, 11:29 AM
1st Gear

no i did not upgrade the dv they didnt have enough time im going back probly later this week to get it done. and yea i got an intake. thats it. and i would have gone back to the shop but they had closed. I had the tunning done at APR and they close at 8 and of course the vibration and coil pack failure happened at 7:50.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:36 PM
2nd Gear

This is fairly common, i know ive seen quite a few threads about it on audizine, some think its the clutch or something.... you are making a lot more torque than before

Old 03-11-2008, 12:38 PM
2nd Gear

Whats funny though is how some members SWEAR there is no correlation to getting flashed then having coilpacks blow shortly after yet we see it time and time again!

Hitachi E's solved my problem before i was flashed, never had one go

Old 03-11-2008, 01:01 PM
1st Gear

yea mine went bad 20 min. after i left the shop but now i got brand new ones so its all good...thanks for the help i hope its not the clutch im gonna go this wekend and get the tires balanced

Old 03-11-2008, 01:34 PM
2nd Gear

lol, ive heard of so many going bad right after the flash, i replaced mine with the hitachi E's before my flash...

Some people say its the clutch loading up or something? i dont know how to explain it but ive seen quite a few threads on it... Its normal, it goes away once you get more power

Old 03-11-2008, 02:02 PM
1st Gear

if my coil packs go bad again im going to buy some hitachis..so the clutch thing is normal? when i accelerate hard the whole car shakes between 2500 and 4000 rpm then goes away, and if i accelerate normal i dont feel it all. im going to search on the clutch. thanks for the info.

Old 03-12-2008, 09:22 AM
2nd Gear

well it shouldnt SHAKE bad, but mine used to have some slight vibration from bogging or loading the engine... upshifting just took care of it... if its shaking badly, there is something else wrong

Old 03-12-2008, 09:32 AM
1st Gear

I dont think its from bogging so it must be something else..it vibrates between 2500 and 4000rpm when i accelerate, it feels like its coming from the left rear tire ill get underneath there tonight and check it out maybe its just the tires.

Quick Reply: small vibration after chip.