B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

PLEASE HELP!!!! Motor keeps overheating n warping head

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 01:03 PM
Default PLEASE HELP!!!! Motor keeps overheating n warping head

So I had my amb 1.8t apart due to it overheating and it warped the head causing the oil to have milk in it. I had the head milled and bought new head studs and headgasket. Cleaned all the surfaces and installed to specs with polydrive vw bit made by snapon. It overheated 2 months later again warping head and causing the headgasket to do the same thing. Milk in oil and all. I just recently did overhaul of top end and new waterpump timing belt and tensioner and headgasket and bolts again. new coolant res and cap and flushed oil and coolant systems. 3 days later I have milk in the oil again... I love this car to death but if it does not stop this crap, I will kill it soon. What are your suggestions or thoughts on this? PLEASE HELP!!!

Email- b16a@***.net or pm me or reply

Old 07-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Alrite, before you go killing the car, let's start with some basics.

1. What originally made the car overheat? The head will warp because the car overheats, but that means that there is another issue present, that it appears you did not fix.

2. How do you know the head is warped?

3. Have you tried replacing the oil cooler? Often an oil cooler failure is mistaken as a headgasket issue.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Default machine shop

I took it to the machine shop first time and they had to take 6 thousandths off and the second time it was 5 thou.... People keep telling me to cap the coolant lines off and run the turbo with no coolant. original problem was caused by the waterpump prop coming off of the shaft and I had to buy a new thermo at $180