B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

The perfect rims for the A4???

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 06:38 AM
1st Gear

I really like the look of these 19", wonder if it'd suit a B6 at all?

http://autocars.setifaq.org/images/audi06.jpg

They're kind of plain, but I wouldn't want to spoil the clean look the A4 already has. What do you all think?

Last edited by Chief Ten Beers; 01-20-2009 at 06:41 AM.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:06 AM
2nd Gear

I agree, they do look a little plain. Personally I wouldn't replace my wheels with stock ones unless they looked pretty sweet, like the B5 S4 Celebration wheels. I'd go for a sporty but sophisticated looking wheel. In my opinion, and I'm sure most AF members would agree, anything ricey or anything that looks likes it belongs on a muscle car just isn't going to work.

Does anyone know how to spot low quality or knock-off wheels?
I'm starting to look for a new set, but don't even know where to begin to look for some good deals on some good wheels.

Also wouldn't wider wheels mean more traction? If that's the case, then how wide should I go if I'm considering 18" and 19" wheels?

Old 01-20-2009, 11:24 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers
I really like the look of these 19", wonder if it'd suit a B6 at all?

http://autocars.setifaq.org/images/audi06.jpg

They're kind of plain, but I wouldn't want to spoil the clean look the A4 already has. What do you all think?
Those are the RS6 wheels, and there has been B6'ers that powdercoat them either gunmetal or black which makes them look sick.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:39 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by a2thy
I agree, they do look a little plain. Personally I wouldn't replace my wheels with stock ones unless they looked pretty sweet, like the B5 S4 Celebration wheels. I'd go for a sporty but sophisticated looking wheel. In my opinion, and I'm sure most AF members would agree, anything ricey or anything that looks likes it belongs on a muscle car just isn't going to work.

Does anyone know how to spot low quality or knock-off wheels?
I'm starting to look for a new set, but don't even know where to begin to look for some good deals on some good wheels.

Also wouldn't wider wheels mean more traction? If that's the case, then how wide should I go if I'm considering 18" and 19" wheels?

Most wheels look descent, when they are brand new, apart from the high end like IForged, HRE's, and Champion's etc. Those look flawless all around, but they also have a nice price tag. What it comes down to is, you get what you pay for. If you plan on keeping your Audi, spend a some $ on it.

Wider wheels have a better stance with slightly better handling. But be aware if you run a staggered setup, it may throw the handling off a bit due to the quattro drive system. An RS4 rear sway bar will help compensate for the handling. IMO 8.5" or 9" will work the best, plus your car is quattro, so don't worry about traction, till you start making some real HP.

Old 01-20-2009, 03:04 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by kwik_shift
plus your car is quattro, so don't worry about traction, till you start making some real HP.
oh fo sho

Old 01-21-2009, 08:53 AM

Most definitely a matter of personal preference, I love my wheels and think they are the hottest things on the planet but they may not fit everyone else's taste. If you want a classic look then BBS or OEM is the go, if you want custom one off like me, call up Iforged, HRE, DPE, 360, etc.

And a pic just cause

Originally Posted by kwik_shift
IMO 8.5" or 9" will work the best, plus your car is quattro, so don't worry about traction, till you start making some real HP.
9.5"+ in the rear FTW!!!

Old 01-22-2009, 04:26 PM
1st Gear

Here you go, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...v34/wheels.jpg
you can thank me for the great suggestion later

Old 01-23-2009, 06:38 AM
2nd Gear

Hellz yeah, sick rims Joey!

Old 01-23-2009, 09:05 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by joey21
here you go, http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...v34/wheels.jpg
you can thank me for the great suggestion later
Teddy Grahams!

Old 01-23-2009, 04:04 PM
1st Gear

I thought you would like them, I have a set in pink if your interested.

Quick Reply: The perfect rims for the A4???