B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

No Idea What To Do...! Please I Need Opinions...!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 02:59 AM
1st Gear
Default No Idea What To Do...! Please I Need Opinions...!

Okay... So I have a 2005 Ultrasport 1.8TQ. It's black on black and has a six speed manual transmission. I have no idea what aftermarket path to go down first. So here goes.

I have looked at exterior modifications like carbon fiber mirror covers, side molding covers and trunk spoilers, as well as different grilles.

I have looked at performance modifications such as an intake, chipped ecu, bov, exhaust ect...

I have also looked at interior mods like the podi gauge setup.

I have looked at a little suspension modifications but not many.

I just have no idea where to start. I don't know what the best idea would be or why. If you have any opinions on what to do they would be greatly appreciated. As far as budget goes I can afford most of the parts listed at the moment besides the exhaust or a crazy suspension setup. But my 18th B-Day is coming so something a little more expensive would probably be acceptable as a present. Thank You all for the help... I really appreciate it... this forum is very helpful and knowledgeable.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:17 AM
1st Gear

Anyone?

Old 01-07-2009, 09:03 AM
1st Gear

A good place to start would be a chip, an exhaust, and here

Old 01-07-2009, 10:13 AM
1st Gear

I would probaly start w/a chip, upgraded dv, boost gauge, and B5 or B6 S4 brake upgrade. The USP is hott as it is, so don't worry too much about the exterior. Exterior mods can come later on down the road. That's just my $.02

Old 01-07-2009, 12:51 PM
3rd Gear

u gotta answer on this question yourself.
More power or nicer look?
exterior or interior?

Old 01-08-2009, 12:59 AM
1st Gear

Well I want some more oommff... but I just don't really know lol. I like the way it looks right now exterior wise. Basically I think the DV and Boost Gauge setup is where I will start. Nice small modifications... I guess. Plus I live in Oregon... It is really rainy and nasty out right now so I think I will wait on the other performance stuff for a little while. It's just really hard to start out on this car for some reason lol. I had an e30 325is before this and I modded it out... but I have no clue where to start first because the car is so much different.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:04 PM
1st Gear

Damn you sound like a girl, that doesn't know what she wants. LOL The best time spent is researching what other Audi enthuisiast have done w/their cars. That way you have a general idea of what you want. Use your imagination to picture what you want, if you have the skills, use photoshop to your advantage. For performance, what are your goals? budget? Do you plan on keeping it? If you modded out your beamer, you know that's money you never gonna get back.

Old 01-08-2009, 12:27 PM

I believe in looking good before going fast. Besides, you can't get in much trouble from having a good looking car, but you can get in plenty trouble from having a fast car

Old 01-08-2009, 12:40 PM

chip, dv, and boost gauge will cost ~$600 and should be a significant performance upgrade while maintaining factory realiability. Vag-com, if you dont have one, is an invaluable tool.

Intake is unecessary at this point.

Sport suspnsion or coilovers are a nice upgrade but will cost atleast $700 dollars for a new, decent setup. If you have the sport package then you should already have sport suspension.

Exhaust will free up a little bit of power with the chip and will make the car sound better but is not crucial until you really start increasing power. I dont know if the sport package comes with upgraded exhaust.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:58 PM
1st Gear

I think for now I am going to go with the Chip, BOV, and Gauge setup. I have the budget to do most everything I want to besides a full turbo upgrade atm. I will be keeping the car for a while. At least until I am out of college... For H&R springs it would run me about 800 dollars for the springs and installation. I think I am going to wait on the exhaust until the weather gets better... as far as looks goes I agree that the USP looks great as it is. I just want to make it a blacked out... demon lol. Turbo upgrade is in the long run.

Quick Reply: No Idea What To Do...! Please I Need Opinions...!