B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

My door makes a noise over bumps.

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2008, 12:19 AM
Default My door makes a noise over bumps.

Hi Guys, I just bought a super clean 2003 a4 quattro last week and I love this car! I bought it from a Suzuki dealership and I took it to an Audi mechanic who gave it a clean bill of health before I purchased. There was just two problems the dealership agreed to fix as part of the deal. One was the front passenger window occasionally goes up and then comes right back down (more on that in a sec). The other is the driver's door makes a sound as if the door is a little loose when you go over a bump or pothole of sorts.

So I took the car in today and these guys are retarded. First, they tell me they cant here the door noise. So I take them for a ride and point out the sound. Is this noise normal? It's not loud, but it's there. They tell me there is no adjustment to be done to the door. Is this true, does anyone have this same sound? The one adjustment he did suggest was putting his knee on the door and torquing the window frame out. I took a pass on that.

Now to the passenger window. I tell the service guy the problem, and he tells the tech that the window is dropping. So the tech does my window up and down 30 times and over heats the motor!!! Is it going to be ok or should I make them replace the window motor. I tell the tech that the Audi guy said the window needed to be adjusted and the tech said, oh that makes a lot more sense, I wish the service manager would have told me that.

Thanks for your input!

Old 08-26-2008, 12:05 PM

Im confused... when you bought the car you had an agreement with the dealer to pay to fix those two problems specifically?

They shouldnt be backing down on fixing the door, which seems like they're doing but I'm not completly sure about that, just my speculation. They who over heated your window motor need to replace it though (maybe that will fix that up and down problem too). You didn't take it in over heated, you shouldn't leave with it like that.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:54 PM
3rd Gear

You sure its a door? Cause sometimes, when my window is half open, the windows itself moves a lot and makes some kind of a noise.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by scskim
Im confused... when you bought the car you had an agreement with the dealer to pay to fix those two problems specifically?

They shouldnt be backing down on fixing the door, which seems like they're doing but I'm not completly sure about that, just my speculation. They who over heated your window motor need to replace it though (maybe that will fix that up and down problem too). You didn't take it in over heated, you shouldn't leave with it like that.
Hey scskim,

I was born and raised in Valencia. Yeah, when made the deal for the car I said this and this needs to be fixed. I don't think they are trying to back out of fixing the noise coming from the driver door so much as they don't know what it could be.

On the passenger window motor, they overheated it but it works fine now. I guess I'm more worried about the long term effects.

Old 08-26-2008, 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by audiprotein
You sure its a door? Cause sometimes, when my window is half open, the windows itself moves a lot and makes some kind of a noise.
I'm 90% positive it's the door, but I'll try it with the window down and see if the sound changes.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by UteMachine

I was born and raised in Valencia.
Small world huh? What high school did you go to?
Originally Posted by UteMachine
I guess I'm more worried about the long term effects.
Im not sure about the long term effects of a over heated motor. id assume it wont last as long or work as good as before :/