B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

My Car is Shuddering.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 07:51 PM
1st Gear
Default My Car is Shuddering.

I just had an oil change, and I think they used the wrong oil. I think they put 10-35 non synthetic in it. Will this cause this problem I am having? I also had my engine light check, and I need to replace the part the regulates the mixture of gas/air to the engine. Maybe it could be that?

Old 05-16-2008, 11:06 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: My Car is Shuddering.

I could really use some help guys, I dont want to drive my car until I know whats wrong with it. I think it's either my oil change, the oxygen sensor, or I still need to get my fuel pump changed.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:11 AM
1st Gear

well, if you have been runnign synthetic and you put non in it you can run into sludge issues.

flush it and put the right stuff in it.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:26 AM
1st Gear

Fair enough, but will that cause the car to shudder? I don't think puting the wrong oil in would have such a drastiv affect on the car so soon, I have only driven it like 20 miles since I put it in.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:06 PM
1st Gear

IT JUST CLICKED, i just posted the same problem just now. what kind of shakes does it get? my check engine light turned on too.... it makes sense that it would be oil because its saying my O2 sensor is bad.... ima change the oil.. see if it changs

Old 05-16-2008, 09:39 PM
1st Gear

I don't think it's the oil though, the only thing that that would affect is sludge buildup in the engine, and that is a long term affect. I am pretty sure its the fuel pump. My engine is revving on it's own even when I am sitting there idle.

Old 05-16-2008, 11:01 PM
1st Gear

if the engine light is on bring it to autozone they will scan it for free. sounds like a misfire i had one earlier today after apr chip install

Old 05-17-2008, 08:23 AM
1st Gear

I already took it there, and they said I have a bad oxygen sensor, but even that isn't that serious.

Old 05-18-2008, 12:31 AM
2nd Gear

when you say shuddering, do you mean that the car is shaking? because i just had that same problem today, my audi (its a 2005.5 so its a b7 model) would start shaking when i gave it gas, but as soon as i let off of it it would stop. I ran the check and it said that i had low engine oil pressure and low coolant. I was looking at another thread about a shaking car and one person suggested that it might either be a bad coil pack or perhaps an air leak in a vaccuum hose... dunno if that is the same problem you are having but i just dropped my car off at the dealership to get it checked out and fixed.

not such a good start for me, i just picked up my new car on thursday and already had to drop it back off at the stealership earlier today. Not to mention when i bought it they said they put new tires all around, but they tried to jew me out and only put new tires on the front. gotta love to hate those stealerships

Old 05-18-2008, 01:21 AM
1st Gear

I am having smiliar situcations, and i took mine into autozone and it said bad O2 sensors also. AND TODAY, i was driving, and all of a sudden the car decided to overheat, and i didnt notice it, the thing kept beeping at me saying "coolant" could the problem also have an affect on coolant? sorry, im not tryint to steal the thread.

Quick Reply: My Car is Shuddering.