B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Lots of questions please help a new comer

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 08:45 PM
1st Gear
Default Lots of questions please help a new comer

I have been searching for 2 days now since i bought the car all the info i could, and coming up with nill... i'm just having a hard time navigating the archives since my car is a a4 and when i search *exhuast* *intake* anything like that i get info on s4's and a6's
so my very simple questions are
where can i find the cheapest exhuast upgrade? just change cat? just change muffler? save my coins and get a full cat back off ebay for 400
Where do i even start looking at intakes? i'm new to turbos and best thing i have figured out is adding a short pipe and cone with a heat shield right off the engine. if i were to do this where to all those sensors go down on the stock box. i would love to hear alittle more turbo wined
Does anyone have a link explaining BOV and which we can replace ours with and not have problems?
Any other basic info links on the 1.8t would be amazing and helpful you don't even understand...
Thank you all for reading and a advance thank you for the help.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:14 PM
1st Gear

Please close this i found a thread finally that explained everything and now i actually know the difference between a bov and dv, i still have alot of questions and i'll just keep digging for answers

Old 11-03-2012, 11:30 PM
1st Gear

in the thread i read that exhuast and test pipe are going to be some of the best hp gaining mods. I just searched 275 threads and over 10 pages. I was looking to answer the question which test pipe and i get that won't throw codes on my car, and which one won't make is totally sound like nascar to no avail i realize this is a easy question for you guys but can someone please point me in the right direction
not easy to find info on a 2002 ten years after people started modding them

Old 11-04-2012, 12:23 AM
1st Gear

also if someone can link the stock air box mod to take out deadening material that would be awesome i read about it but can't find it

Old 11-05-2012, 06:25 PM
4th Gear

ill chime in. When u are on the main forum page click on the b6 forum. Then one u are in u can simply search only in the b6 section. arrow points the way!
Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 85
Size:  329.1 KB

Old 11-06-2012, 12:01 AM
1st Gear

yes i got that paul, i know how to search but when the searches are 6-9 years ago it is hard to get valid info on what i'm looking for... such as if i type in 710n or testpipe or installing intake and i have a question and i post on a 7 year old thread i am not going to get a anwer

Old 11-06-2012, 12:50 AM
1st Gear

not to mention the broken links/missing comments kinda hard to piece it all together

Old 11-06-2012, 12:52 PM
1st Gear

bump...

Old 11-06-2012, 01:15 PM
4th Gear

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=airbox+mod+b6+audi
if u live in a state where emissions is a big deal get a hfc. . a test pipe will give off the nice smell of exaust all the time. Just get a hfc or a test pipe get rid of the resonators get some magnaflow 14851 exaust and call it a day. If u want to spend money get the full cat back system. And dont go the ebay route as u will end up with exaust leaks. A full cat back will should run u over 500 dollars for a decent system. As for the dv. Get a forge. U cant go wrong with them and they are fully serviceable. And if u want to wake up the car get a chip. That is truly the best way to gain the hp and probably the cheapest route and less painful.

Last edited by pa4ul; 11-06-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:37 PM
1st Gear

I live in mn no emissions at all and that was what I was thinking I just need a cheap exhaust system. I will chip later when I got more cash. How about those 350$ flashes?
Does anyone have links to dv install since some go in opposite way?

Quick Reply: Lots of questions please help a new comer