B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Interior Trim Kits / Panels?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 05:04 PM
1st Gear
Default Interior Trim Kits / Panels?

Hi Folks,

Im the proud new owner of a 2002 A4 2.8T Quattro. The car is in good shape overall however needs some TLC in the interior. I'm having a very difficult time finding the interior replacement parts I need to order online.

If anyone knows where to order the following I would be grateful:

1. Interior trim kits/panels. (I found these kits from Sherwood but they are "stick-ons" over the original panels and Im afraid this may look cheap) http://www.autoanything.com/dash-kit...customerReview

Any one has any experience with the trim kits?

2. Im looking to find replacement buttons for the radio ***** and console (i.e. the A/C buttons, ect..)

3. I'm looking to replace the Headlight switch **** and trim (have not been able to find this piece anywhere online after much searching!)

4. Looking to replace the armrest interior hold (the previous owner dirtied it up quite a bit and I don't think any amount of cleaning will get the gunk out.

After these parts are replaced and I detail the interior the car should be looking new again.

Any help/direction/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm excited to be stepping into the world of audi's.

Just got rid of my 07' VW GTI for this car!!

Thanks!

Old 08-23-2010, 12:41 PM
4th Gear

i have an interior kit. To tell u the truth take ur time on it i mean really take ur time and it will look great. As for the other buttons check esctuning. I know they have most of the button replacements.for sure the headlight switch.

Old 08-23-2010, 02:46 PM
1st Gear
Default Thanks Paul - Im sold

Thanks Paul - Im sold - are you using one of the Sherwood kits? And if so what color compared to your interior color?

Also did you remove your panels in order to apply the kit? Or did you leave them in?

Thanks again...

Old 08-23-2010, 06:40 PM
4th Gear

left em in. Honestly i coulda done a better job. I did it when i first got my car and was impatient and rushed.When i first installed it some guy told me it will fall out in a month. Been on for 3 years almost and hasnt come off. Some idiot tried to peel one off when it was serviced but other then that all is attached. Ill have to find a reciept to see where i got it from. Im wanting to say i ordered from there but not 100% sure. Just remeber when u order it to tell them to send u extra alcohol towlets. Those are used to activate the adhesive or something and clean the surface. Ill take pics and post it up tommarow.

Old 08-24-2010, 05:42 PM
1st Gear

Ahh don't worry about finding the receipt or anything - i can find the stuff online for sure. I am keen on seeing your pics though - would love to see how it came out. I'm sure others would be interested too.

Thanks for the tip about the wipes, and it's good to know the kit will last.

Do you think the kit has ruined your original panels if you wanted to revert back?

Old 08-24-2010, 06:11 PM
4th Gear

NOt a clue. Thats the only worry i have. ON the one piece that peeled a little I see no signs on damage. But honeslty have never attempted to check any further. Ill get pics later as ive been fairly busy lately.

Old 08-24-2010, 08:35 PM
1st Gear

damn dude you got rid of an 07 gti for this? i would've swapped

Old 08-24-2010, 08:46 PM
1st Gear

@tmic - it wasn't an even trade

The GTI was fully loaded, I got rid of it and basically got the A4 plus 10K cash. The A4 only has 60K miles on it and was in great shape with the Tbelt and water pump swap out already done.

I plan to take the A4, fix it up inside out and have a nice car with no payment whatsoever - plus cheaper insurance...

@paul - no worries on the pics, im looking forward to seeing them whenever you have time - even iPhone pics would be cool...

Old 08-25-2010, 11:56 AM
1st Gear

Looking to do the same to my interior! Wish my B6 had black leather FML!!!!

Old 08-25-2010, 12:03 PM
4th Gear

no payment is a huge win!

Quick Reply: Interior Trim Kits / Panels?