B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

I Need Wipers lol

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 10:07 AM
1st Gear
Default I Need Wipers lol

I know this is a stupid question...

I need new windshield wipers. So I went to Pep Boys yesterday picked out a set of wipers and couldn't figure out how to put them on. I went to the service guy and he said they do it for free just pull it around. Pulled it around and the techs(had 3 look at it)said that I had to go to Audi for wipers....

Do I really need to go to Audi for wipers? I would much rather just buy them at Pep Boys and call it a day.

04 Audi A4.

Thanks!

Old 02-09-2008, 01:15 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: I Need Wipers lol

The easiest way to do it is just go to Audi. I tried to find another brand that would work but couldn't. I even tried to change just the blades and couldn't even find one that would fit in the Audi wiper. If I'm not mistaken, the set is around $40 from the stealership.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:33 PM
1st Gear

that sux cuz i need new wipers too and i just saw a commercial for those RAIN-X wipers that look awesome, but i guess that is out of the question.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:47 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: adotjdot

that sux cuz i need new wipers too and i just saw a commercial for those RAIN-X wipers that look awesome, but i guess that is out of the question.
Yea, I tried my best to get the RainX wipers to fit but couldn't seem to do it. Even had a couple other mechanics helpin me out.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:47 PM
1st Gear

blades or the whole thing? I went to advanced auto parts picked up some bosch icons(blades) and they snap right on.

Old 02-09-2008, 03:16 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: coleA4

blades or the whole thing? I went to advanced auto parts picked up some bosch icons(blades) and they snap right on.
Interesting...are the b5 and b6 blades the same?

Old 02-09-2008, 05:04 PM
1st Gear

my old 95 audi i was able to replace the blades by just popin them right in, and my friends 2000 a4 did the same thing when i helped him. So it seems like up b5 theres no prob dunno about b6 on.

Old 02-09-2008, 06:38 PM
1st Gear

When I tried that it wouldn't work for me. Does anyoneknow if there is a different wiper or blade that can replace the stock one, that can be bought at a local autoparts store?

Old 02-09-2008, 07:04 PM
1st Gear

Are you seriously telling me that I have to go buy a special made (aka specially marked up) wiper for my 06 A4 because no one else makes a cheaper one to fit it? Was there a problem with the generic wiper blade attachment that Audi HAD to change it, besides that they wanted some extra cash flow? I've also used the RainX ones and they've been 1000x better then anything else; I'd hate to have to give them up.

And speaking of wipers, does anyone know how to make the rain sensor actually sense the rain so I don't have to turn them on and off by hand? I'm assuming my car has it, as its fully loaded and has the auto xenon headlights and what not.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:53 PM
tdn
2nd Gear

it should be easy to figure i think, if you own a b6.. just go outside and see what its like taking it off. it can't be that hard. and theres got to be a few companies who sell compatible wipers.

Quick Reply: I Need Wipers lol