B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

I have a serious problem and its baffling!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 06:23 PM
1st Gear

Coil packs were recalled 5 months ago and the dealer checked them again just to make sure, I switched banks to see if i can have it misfire on the other side and it still misfired on the same side. I was told today that perhaps when I did my timing belt the intake cam on bank 2 could be off a tooth. I don't know how, the timing was dead on

Old 09-09-2010, 10:47 AM
1st Gear

Sorry out of ny ideas may have to back in and operate.......

Old 09-09-2010, 11:26 AM
4th Gear

no clue then sir. Dig back in i guess.

Old 09-11-2010, 04:33 PM
1st Gear
Default Misfire on one bank 3.0

This to me can be narrowed to coil packs and/or failing injectors. If you have already solved this problem please I would be interested to know what was kaput!

Old 09-11-2010, 10:20 PM
1st Gear

Injectors swapped and coil packs swapped, problem was still random on the drivers side of the engine. No answer yet

Old 09-12-2010, 06:28 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jaymson
Injectors swapped and coil packs swapped, problem was still random on the drivers side of the engine. No answer yet
Air has to be getting in or carbon build up is so bad but not bad enough as it lets the air in and ignites but coughs in doing so......

that was a left fielder .........

cracked intake manifold / seal crack on either intake manifold or valve cover

Old 09-12-2010, 08:47 PM
1st Gear

Checked air leaking, no effect. Car drives like normal. No studder or cough, just a flashing check engine light and a couple of codes

Old 09-13-2010, 03:43 AM
1st Gear

Checked air leaking, no effect. Car drives like normal. No studder or cough, just a flashing check engine light and a couple of codes
does the air filter sound like it is trying to suck air in louder then normal?

if so it could be carbon buildup which would cause this to happen along with backfire injector throwing codes might just needs to be cleaned out and blown out the exhaust.....

Old 09-13-2010, 08:41 PM
1st Gear

Sent a bottle of that new Lucas fuel system cleaner and carbon remover through a tank, did nothing, cleaned mass air, did nothing, took injectors out an cleaned them, still the same. =(. One thing that was weird was, when I pulled the feed line off the rail the pressure released but 2-3 minutes later another big blast of pressure and fuel came out. What is that about?

Old 09-13-2010, 11:57 PM
Site Moderator

Sent a bottle of that new Lucas fuel system cleaner and carbon remover through a tank, did nothing, cleaned mass air, did nothing, took injectors out an cleaned them, still the same. =(. One thing that was weird was, when I pulled the feed line off the rail the pressure released but 2-3 minutes later another big blast of pressure and fuel came out. What is that about?
Thats because stuff you put in the tank doesn't do anything LOL. If you want to clean the intake valves pour and entire can of seafoam in one of the intake lines and watch the smoke cloud come out of the exhaust, you would have to have some serious carbon build up to cause a miss that bad, but its $8 and cleans the hell out of the intake.

Don't worry about the fuel pressure, it was just priming the fuel rail.

Quick Reply: I have a serious problem and its baffling!!!!