B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Horn Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Default Horn Help!

Hey guys, i recently bought a salvaged A4 and its been riddled with problems. I just had a bunch of work done at a shop involving the suspension. Basically i am trying to pass inspection and get this beast roadworthy before i have to head back to college. The horn is not working and i have to figure out what the problem is. I looked on another forum for where the horn would be and it doesn't seem to be in that location on my car. Could someone post a picture of exactly where their horn is so i have the right idea. Also since i truly am new to this if anyone knows of a tutorial on changing the horn and wires just in case its not a problem with the horn itself. That would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance guys!

Old 03-24-2009, 12:23 PM
4th Gear

where have u tried to look for the horn? its suppose to be behind the front bumper. and u think u are either suppose to remove the front bumper or u can take out the headlights and access it. im honestly not sure because ive never had this problem. Maybe try to replace ur horn witha horn u can buy at pepboys or whatever u like cuz the stock audi horn is expensive.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:51 PM
2nd Gear

not to mention that it sounds like something you'd here on a ford fiesta, not a luxury vehicle.

Old 03-24-2009, 03:23 PM
1st Gear

The horns are buried in the front bumper on either side. Before you start pulling out your headlights or your bumper, check the fuses and relays. Unless the horns were busted in an accident it is unlikely they just stopped working for no reason.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:40 PM
4th Gear

or make sure the connectors are connected tight.

Old 03-25-2009, 10:00 AM

Ok i gotta throw a wrench in the works here... I have a similar problem that I posted a little bit ago... Well my horn works... But it doesn't make the same noise as before. It was fairly loud before but now it sounds like someone is holding an opera singers throat!... Really weird how it would change and not be as loud? I checked the fuses and what not... Is there like a wussy backup horn and my real horn died??

Old 03-25-2009, 11:07 AM
1st Gear

There's a high note and a low note so one of the two isn't working.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:25 PM

UPDATE!

OK so my car has been in the shop and i really haven't gotten to look at it all that much. However i did manage to get down there and put a new fuse it because there was not one in there at all!

Unfortunately... it did not work. However, i tested to see if the fuse was getting power and it was.

So would my next step be taking apart under the steering wheel to get to the connections? Anyone have a tutorial to do this? Again i am new to Audi's and working on car's in general. (Only 22 years old with minimal experience.) The only experience i had was removing the center console piece on my DSM i had a while back to install a new radio.

Old 03-29-2009, 03:13 PM
4th Gear

check ur connections behind ur bumper first before u start to mess with the wheel. I heard its quite a project to undetake.

Old 04-04-2009, 05:59 PM

Got my car back from the shop, was having some work done on the front end. Horn mysteriously works again! radio display LCD has a line through it? oh well if its not one thing its another... i guess i do not care about the radio as it is only minor thing and does not effect the quality of music. Thanks anyways guys the problem seemed to fix itself

Quick Reply: Horn Help!