B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Help me love my audi !!!please

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 02:00 PM
Default Help me love my audi !!!please

Hi all.
I am having a nightmare.
I bought an B6 A4 Cab 2.5TDi last may, for a day i loved it.
We have since and continue to gro further apart because of the continuing noises it produces, which the independant garage i bought it from have now FOUR times been unable to find the sources... !
I have posted this issue type before in the hope a MASTERTECH looking over the forum would dtep in and save my relationship.
These are the two issues i have and if anyone can help, there is a chance i will love them forever !
1. Driving normally on any road type, especially evident on smooth but undulating road at low speed the is a clunking/knocking from the engine bay area (could be suspension/strut areas). It is always there but sometimes louder than usual. Due to noise especially with it being a Cab it is not so evident at speed, but so annoying i sometimes debate wether or not to set it alight !! More because i spent a fortune on it, and am now gutted !
2nd, this has everyone stumped. At Idle, gently rev past 1000rpm and allow to fall back through. At almost bang on 1k rpm you hear a very prominant "click" noise. This has been here since i bought the car.
At first the garage thought it was a Vaccum noise, they now think it is an EEC solenoid ???? !! Either way, it drives me nuts and should not be there.
This is my 10th car, easily the most expensive and lowest milage 35k, and i have never come across anything that has made me more dissapointed.
After 4 x at the garage i have given up with the same excuses at the sign off, and i have been left to deal with it.
I WANT TO STRUT out to my AUDI and love it ... that seems so far away i could weep !!..
My next move is to an AUDI garage, but feel this is gonna cost me a fortune just to diagnose ( If they Can !!!)
Any advice most gratefully accpeted and info on the best scottish AUDI taken.
CAN ANYONE HELP ME SOLVE THE MYSTERY AND LOVE MY BLACK CAB AGAIN?????

Old 01-08-2009, 03:19 PM
2nd Gear

It's going to be tough to get info here, the tdi isn't offered in the states.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:19 PM

They do however have suspension and big heavy engines, i don't think the issue is Diesel related.. so the hope remains !

Old 01-09-2009, 08:32 AM
1st Gear

The first issue almost sounds like your axles. Does the sound change at all when you turn? As far as the "click" goes, I'm not sure what that would be.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:02 AM

Hi,

No change on the turn.

There was a few weeks where on lock either way i would get "cracking", ie when turning into a parking space... this has since dissappeared. ??

Four times now the mechanics have been mystified.. not much help eh ?

Old 01-17-2009, 09:05 PM

you guys should go to some "therapy". sometimes you gotta just take it in somewhere authorized (must i say....dealership?)and have it checked out : / least you could do is have it diagnosed for free at a dealership