B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Help a fellow b6er out...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 09:42 PM

Canada is good to go!!!

I got a good friend that imports all right hand drive cars, he does all the legal work and has access to every car for sale over in Japan! his web site is www.Rightdrive.ca check him out. His name is Mike Kent tell him Mick sent you. Cheers eh lol

Old 02-11-2010, 10:15 PM
3rd Gear

OK, so here's what I know aobut it, from when I was in Japan and tried to import a 96 Supra:

First the shipping and price of car is about 25% of total cost, the next step is to get it within compliance to U.S. specs, which you can do and it will cost you close to 1500 USD, side bars crumple zones and safety glass, it says safety glass on the car but is just regular glass, next you have to pay for the car to get inspected, this is on the other side, before it goes to the U.S., that costs you about 5 grand if the company inspecting it didn't do the work themselves, if they do it all, is maybe 1k more. Total price of the car after importing and getting to specs as road legal car: around 13 thousand USD. There's another option: Take the car apart, and I mean apart, everything, the ship it individually, put it back together on the other side and register it as a kit car, with a VIN of 0000000 or 11111111, and will not be road legal, thus you'd have to pay a bit more every year and it will be more of a collector's item. Going that route was going to cost about 2K USD more than the price of the car plus the shipping.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:06 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by shane.trammell
fd looks much better than the supra (IMO) and is a bit lighter.
dont get me wrong i think rx-7s are so sexy but imo i LOVE supra's and like neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed one !!

Old 02-12-2010, 06:06 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Audi_Runner
Canada is good to go!!!

I got a good friend that imports all right hand drive cars, he does all the legal work and has access to every car for sale over in Japan! his web site is www.Rightdrive.ca check him out. His name is Mike Kent tell him Mick sent you. Cheers eh lol
alright thanks ill check that out

Old 02-12-2010, 06:09 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Dan1969
OK, so here's what I know aobut it, from when I was in Japan and tried to import a 96 Supra:

First the shipping and price of car is about 25% of total cost, the next step is to get it within compliance to U.S. specs, which you can do and it will cost you close to 1500 USD, side bars crumple zones and safety glass, it says safety glass on the car but is just regular glass, next you have to pay for the car to get inspected, this is on the other side, before it goes to the U.S., that costs you about 5 grand if the company inspecting it didn't do the work themselves, if they do it all, is maybe 1k more. Total price of the car after importing and getting to specs as road legal car: around 13 thousand USD. There's another option: Take the car apart, and I mean apart, everything, the ship it individually, put it back together on the other side and register it as a kit car, with a VIN of 0000000 or 11111111, and will not be road legal, thus you'd have to pay a bit more every year and it will be more of a collector's item. Going that route was going to cost about 2K USD more than the price of the car plus the shipping.

i thought about that, take it apart and says its for parts but i want it to be a street legal car where i can drive on public roads. i checked out supraforums and they said its almost impossible to get it 100% legal until the car is 25 years old. so im probably going to save my money a bit longer then buy a us supra and save the hassle. not possitive yet.