B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

help! electrical problems (windows, windsheild washer, trunk!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 12:56 AM
1st Gear
Unhappy help! electrical problems (windows, windsheild washer, trunk!)

hello,

i have a 2004 audi a4 1.8T and i have some electrical problems.

1) My driver side windows does not open with switch, however from the master switch i am able to open all the other passenger window switches. But the individual switches for each windows do not work. i do not know what is the problem, is there a relay for the power windows?

2) for quite some time my windshield washer does not come on. There is fluid in it, i ordered new pumps and i checked the original pumps and they work when power is applied to it. When i pull the lever the windsheilf wipers come on but no fluid is coming out. electrical wiring problem?

3) today i went to go put something in the trunk. i opened the trunk and put my belongs in it and closed it. i thought it didn't sound right when i tried to open the trunk the first time so i tried to open it again after shutting it and it wouldn't open. i locked the car, unlocked it. pressed the button to open the trunk and it wouldn't open but make a small motor sound. I dont know what happened here.

i think my audi is falling apart

please help me with some advice.

thanks in advance!

Old 03-11-2009, 01:48 AM
2nd Gear

check all of your fuses.

Old 03-11-2009, 02:56 AM
1st Gear

i thought i checked all the fuses for the windshield washer problem and they were all good. i will try to switch #37 with a 30amp fuse because thats what i found out by searching. the window problem could be caused by failure in the window wiring harness from what i've searched. i have no idea why the trunk stopped working on my today and hopefully it will work tomorrow. thanks.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:26 AM
1st Gear

Try and open your trunk with the key. If that works without a problem then maybe the linkage between the motor and the hinge broke or fell of somehow.

Old 03-11-2009, 09:04 AM
1st Gear

It sounds like you have a bad connection on the master window switch or the switch it self is bad. I'm not sure if this is the case with an audi but on some cars if one switch is disconnected or goes bad all the windows stop working because the whole system is on one circuit. Try some contact cleaner.

For the trunk it sounds like the motor has disconnected itself from the linkage. You should be able to see whats wrong with it by taking off the interior trim on the trunk lid. It's held on by pressure clips if i remember correctly.

Old 03-11-2009, 12:12 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by kelseysautobody
For the trunk it sounds like the motor has disconnected itself from the linkage. You should be able to see whats wrong with it by taking off the interior trim on the trunk lid. It's held on by pressure clips if i remember correctly.
Yea, to remove the trim, there are 2 screws...One located in the handle (the one used to close the trunk) and one in the release **** {you have to take off the glow-in-the-dark cover to see it}

Old 03-11-2009, 01:02 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the advice guys. can anyone add to my window problems?