B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

headlight moisture

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 11:17 PM
1st Gear
Default headlight moisture

Any of you guys have a problem with this and how did you fix it

Old 02-06-2008, 11:44 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: headlight moisture

I have a minor problem with this, but I did the clear corner mod myself so this could very well have been self generated, though it only occurs in one of my head lamps and it is so minor that I dont worry about it.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:45 PM
1st Gear

I have the same problem with my drive side head light. I burnt my wiring and had to take it to a shop since Audi wanned $500 to fix it, well long story short, they ended up opening my headlight casing (for whatever ******* reason, IDK) and when I got my car back the headlight was all foggy. And as far as I know there is no way to get rid of it besides replacing the hole headlight casing.

Old 02-06-2008, 11:48 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: Dirty
And as far as I know there is no way to get rid of it besides replacing the hole headlight casing.
No, no, no...just pull the whole housing, remove the dust cover, and dry it out with a hairdryer. Then use silicone sealant to make it watertight.

Old 02-07-2008, 12:01 AM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: sineo

ORIGINAL: Dirty
And as far as I know there is no way to get rid of it besides replacing the hole headlight casing.
No, no, no...just pull the whole housing, remove the dust cover, and dry it out with a hairdryer. Then use silicone sealant to make it watertight.
yup, did the clear corner mod as well, and got some condensation in there. i just took out the entire headlight, took out the bulbs and set it in front of my heater overnight. that cleared it up in there. then i resealed the holes better with silcone. worked like a charm.

Old 02-07-2008, 03:58 AM
1st Gear

^rly, I think I might try that this weekend and clear corner it while im at it!!

Old 02-07-2008, 09:13 AM
2nd Gear

CC mod is one of the best you can do! some tips that i found

buy a L pick from sears first
u dont need a dremel, just a very small drill bit
use the L pick to pull the reflector from the housing or use some long needlenose to snap it in half so you can get it out
silcone her up welll and you wont have fogging. i used very little and havent had a any problems with fogging

Old 02-08-2008, 01:03 AM

^^ couldnt agree more! just did it myself following the DIY on a4mods.com.. careful when you drill to break the tabs as to not get too many shavings in the headlight and if you do a little compressed air should solve that problem..

Old 08-20-2008, 10:49 AM
1st Gear

Depending on wat type of car u have and whether or not u have xenons it will clear it self. I have an 02 a6 2.7t and i had a legit puddle in mine i talked to audi and because the bubls burn so hot these headlights are vented and it cleared up itself.

Old 08-21-2008, 04:51 AM

My S4 had a problem with that and it was replaced under warranty.

Quick Reply: headlight moisture