B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Headlight Led Mod

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 01:49 PM
1st Gear
Wink Headlight Led Mod

$20 to do. Even blinks with blinkers and highly visible.

http://nx31.com/groove/IMAG0295.jpg

Attached Thumbnails Headlight Led Mod-imag0295.jpg  
Old 01-04-2011, 06:46 PM
4th Gear

yea put that bright blue light infront and get pulled over by cops real smart.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:53 PM
1st Gear

As long as they don't flash in a strobe-light like fashion, they're legal. If they weren't legal, Audi wouldn't be able to have them on their cars now. They just can't strobe. Learn laws before trying to be a dick. If you don't like it, stay out of the thread.

Old 01-04-2011, 07:18 PM
1st Gear

it's white, look blue-ish in photos, but it isn't. it's the same temp color as 10k HID's white.

I get a lot of complements on the look it gives the car; even by cops! And other audi heads here want me to install them. Since there is really not to many options for after-market 01-04' LED strip housings, at least any that I like.

if you have an AutoZone in your area, visit it. They sell them their and the package has a test button so you can see on.

I know the Florida laws very well when it comes to traffic

As "evelluser" said, any blinking lights can be used parked (as for show), and as far as the rear of the car, you can use white or amber strobes and Led's in certain situations ....

Did you know that honking for no reason is against the law. Listed under, misusing an warning device. NO JOKE, at least in FL Law. You can get a ticket if the cop wants to be a *****.

Thanks evelluser for jumping in on this.

-Nexus

Old 01-04-2011, 07:44 PM
1st Gear
Wink

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by nexusgroove; 01-05-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:55 PM
1st Gear
Thumbs down

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by nexusgroove; 01-05-2011 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:27 AM
4th Gear
Talking

Originally Posted by evelluser
As long as they don't flash in a strobe-light like fashion, they're legal. If they weren't legal, Audi wouldn't be able to have them on their cars now. They just can't strobe. Learn laws before trying to be a dick. If you don't like it, stay out of the thread.
maybe you should grow a brain before trying to sound smart. and for you knowing your facts audis leds arent 10k in color temp there are closer to 4300k so techianlly 4300k is pure white and 10k is pure blue. and audis have to go through extensive r&d to make sure those leds are dot compatible with us
regulations. They didnt just say hey lets go to autozone and slap some leds underneth the headlight.
http://law.onecle.com/florida/motor-.../316.2397.html

Last edited by pa4ul; 01-05-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:08 PM
1st Gear

No, you're acting like the color is the reason he would get into trouble. I said it's not, as long as they don't flash like a cops, regardless of color. Maybe you should grow a brain and learn to ******* read and comprehend. You're sitting there trying to act like a pompous ***, when you don't get what the **** I'm saying. Cops don't go around riding with their blues light on all the time, and only turn them to strobe whenever they're pulling somebody over. So as long as you're not trying to imitate an emergency/law enforcement vehicle, it is within legal standards. Hell, if you read the OP's posts, he even stated he's from FLORIDA (same state as your retarded ***), has been pulled over, and the cops didn't give him a ticket for it. BECAUSE ITS NOT ILLEGAL. Again, just cause you're a hater, doesn't mean everyone else in the world is wrong. Get the **** over yourself.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:36 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by evelluser
No, you're acting like the color is the reason he would get into trouble. I said it's not, as long as they don't flash like a cops, regardless of color. Maybe you should grow a brain and learn to ******* read and comprehend. You're sitting there trying to act like a pompous ***, when you don't get what the **** I'm saying. Cops don't go around riding with their blues light on all the time, and only turn them to strobe whenever they're pulling somebody over. So as long as you're not trying to imitate an emergency/law enforcement vehicle, it is within legal standards. Hell, if you read the OP's posts, he even stated he's from FLORIDA (same state as your retarded ***), has been pulled over, and the cops didn't give him a ticket for it. BECAUSE ITS NOT ILLEGAL. Again, just cause you're a hater, doesn't mean everyone else in the world is wrong. Get the **** over yourself.
Technically, it is illegal to have blue or red lights on the front of you car. It doesnt matter if the strobe, flash, blink, or are on continuously, its illegal. I do believe that the op said that they blink with the turn signal, which would make them even more illegal... I have even heard rumors from a few of my cop friends that there have been rumors about making hid's above 8000 (i think) illegal for on-road use... I dont think its too big of a problem but with hid kits becoming cheaper, and more cars coming standard with them, it may be something in the near future..

now with that being said, i stuck with a whiter look for mine just to avoid problems, but i think that would be the least of my problems if i was caught with my other lights on lol
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R19HW6y2KEg)

Old 01-06-2011, 10:06 AM
1st Gear

32_d3gr33s thats awesome, lol. and I plan on doin the same LED lights under the headlights, but more of a white then blue.

Quick Reply: Headlight Led Mod