B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

got a GIAC chip today

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 12:45 PM
1st Gear
Default got a GIAC chip today

wussup guys, so one of the main things that drives me crazy about my car, a 2005 a4 b6 1.8t fwd tip, is the rediculously slow throttle response, on top of the garbage low end accleration. its just str8 horrible. so i looked into chipping my car, because everyone knows the first mod to ur a4 is a chip. GIAC has alot more low end power and torque etc, apr more horsepower nd highend, but the thing that bothers me the most with my car is the low and i heard alot of recommendations so i went with GIAC. i dont even know what tothink right now, the throttle response is EXCTLY the same[:@] as far as normal driving goes, in drive mode, i cant tell a difference at ALL. in sport the same thing, maybe a little. in tip its quicker but not blowin my mind whatsoever. flooring it, it is so slow off the line like it used to be in all modes, and the acceleration is not much higher.. idk do i need to take it easy and break it in, or will it get better over time? 500$ n im not a happy camper..

help?

Old 05-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Guru
Default RE: got a GIAC chip today

boost guage?

Old 05-11-2008, 04:05 AM
1st Gear

I don't know much but I heard it would bump like 40 hp so you should be able to notice that pretty well. That is a huge gain. Something doesn't sound correct. You will def. want to look into it.

Old 05-11-2008, 12:33 PM

something isdefinately not right. You need a boost gauge. get a podi it can be installed in about 30 minutes.

barrett

Old 05-11-2008, 07:07 PM
2nd Gear

Did you have a 710N DV (diverter valve) installed to handle the boost???? You need it when chipping the car. Also, a Tip won't be as noticeable as Manual but like the other guy said, with a 30+ gain in HPyou should notice SOME difference. My guess is a boost leak or faulty DV.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:50 PM
1st Gear

ok well i wanna say thx 4 the help.. so neways

i thought i might have just lost my mind, so i decided to time it. in all drive modes, windows up, ac off, traction off, dry roads etc etc.. never got below 8.8 seconds to 60 mph. AFTER a giac chip.

took it to the shop they told me theres a problem w/ my transmission. it made sense since whenever the car is in drive or sport, and you floor it, it will not upshift past 2nd gear (will just stay at 5500 rpm) unless u release the throttle and hit again.

so i made an appolntment with the dealership for them to have a look at it. dropped it off this morning. after inspection, they said that is the way the car is made and functioning properly, even the hesitation and slow throttle response. i had written everything down for them on a piece of paper, but my dad who went to get it didnt care to reinforce the fact the car does an 8.8 which is not even normal for stock (let alone GIAC ecu, but ofcourse we couldnt tell them that).

So basically, ive given up hope. almost no gains from a 500$ chip.. gonna try n work a deal with the place tommorow to swap it for a cat back system for some noise. FML

Old 05-27-2008, 10:34 PM
1st Gear

bump

4got to mention guys at the shop told me car would be throwin codes if there was a boost problem. not about to spend 200$ just for a gauge rite now to find theres nothin wrong w it. somethin im missing?
& yeah, the DV is a smart idea but not necessary. i had planned on getting one to hold the boost better but so far i dont see ne point spending any more money on my engine.
ahh ne input?

Old 05-27-2008, 10:46 PM
1st Gear

Take it back to the stealership and raise a ruckus. Start screaming in the showroom at them to find out why your $40,000+ Audi doesnt break below 9 seconds on 0-60.

I guarantee they will have a second look at the car.

That surprises me though, on the other hand, I would expect a dealership to try to sell you a new tranny plus change your blinker fluid.

How the hell would one swap out a chip for a refund anyway, it's soldered on I thought (unless its APR).

Let me know how it turns out. Personally an 8.8 second 0-60 would be unacceptable to me.