B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

don't know what stage I have need help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 12:09 PM
1st Gear
Default don't know what stage I have need help.

I purchased a used 2002 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro that needs a tune up. The mods on the car are:
Garrett turbo
Evolution front mount Intercooler
Neuspeed exhaust
No cat
550cc injectors
Revo select plus
south bend clutch
I believe thats it the milage is 124K the mods have been on the car for about a year. So I need help with tune-up.

Old 01-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Guru

why do you think you need a "tune-up"?

i would say if anything get a new a/f or clean your filter and some plugs....

btw, you are stage 1 million +

no to sound like an ***, but a search would of neted you great results

Old 01-22-2011, 12:22 PM
1st Gear

Pulled a misfire code, and I did search and pulled up nothing I read the stickies on general A4 information, newbie guide and troubleshooting guide also.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:11 PM
4th Gear

i cant understand how u dont know what stage your car is? But stage 3 would be my bet.

Old 01-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Tech Guru

problem is, since you bought the car used, we(including you) don't now if you are tuned or if someone just threw parts on... i would guess with upgraded injectors that you have a tune for them

my suggestion would be to swap the missing coil and see if the code follows.... if so bad coil if not possibly bad plug.... might want to put new plugs in and gap them properly just for giggles

are you using vag com? if so run it again, do a copy and post it in here

Old 01-31-2011, 04:51 PM
1st Gear

I am using Vag-com, just ordered new copper plugs, temp sensor, and fuel filter from ecstuning.com the reason I dont know what stage it is because I purchased it from the mother the owner and its my first Audi. From what I'm told it is a stage 3 and I will be setting up an appointment to get it tuned once I get the car running good.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:24 PM
Tech Guru

if you have vag com, run it for codes, it will come up telling you the "info" for the car... mine tells me uni bt630 blah blah blah

that will tell you maybe if you have a tune

you might not be tuned and are throwing money at the car for no reason

Old 01-31-2011, 06:56 PM
4th Gear

What Garrett turbo? The REVO BT tune which uses the 550cc injectors is normally used on a Elim or full body GT28rs/GT2871r, so if that is the size turbo you have then you are at stage 3+.
If the manifold has the look of a stock manifold then it is an Elim kit, if the turbo has a square flange connecting it to the manifold then it is a full body turbo.

Was it just 1 misfire code? Just sounds like you need to change the spark plugs to start with. Might want to look at block 032 to see how much fuel the ECU is adjusting, this will give you an idea if there is a boost leak or if your 02 sensor is wearing out. Log block 022 to see if maybe your running too much adv timing or not enough.

Old 01-31-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Guru

wow i totally missed the revo select plus in the first post....

Old 02-03-2011, 09:38 PM
1st Gear

So car is running great swapped CTS and plugs also found a bad line near the back if the intake manifold and the n75 was not hooked up. Fixed all that and she runs very smooth.
The exhaust manifold has ATP on it and I can't find the model number in the turbo I see Garrett that's it any ideas?

Quick Reply: don't know what stage I have need help.