B6 Models Please discuss all 2002 - 2005 B6 A4 topics here...

Desperate Search!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 09:10 PM
dan
2nd Gear

The ultrasport only came in 6 speed if I'm not mistaken.

You could always buy an earlier model/non USP and pick up the bumpers and blades and have a body shop fit and paint 'em. It'll save you time as 90% of the time listing and auctions wont mention anything about ultrasport unless your buying form an audi dealer or enthusiast who know what it is... and in those situations you pay the premium for it.

You have plenty of options

Last edited by dan; 04-05-2011 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:42 PM
1st Gear

Actually I found an '04 with 82K on it for $13K. Says he has done all the scheduled work and has paperwork for it:

-TIMING BELT, WATER PUMP, AND TENSIONERS
-VALVE COVER GASKET AND CAM SEAL
-SPARK PLUGS AND COIL PACK REPLACMENT (AUDI RECALL)
-AIR FILTER, FUEL FILTER AND CABIN AIR FILTER
-PINION SEAL
-DIFFERENTIALS FLUIDS FLUSHED
-POWER STEERING FLUID FLUSHED
-TRANSMISSION FILTER AND PAN GASKET REPLACED
-COOLANT FLUSHED WHEN WATER PUMP WAS REPLACED
-BATTERY REPLACED
-ALIGNMENT

Based upon what he has listed, that is like 75% of the battle with the mileage on it, getting someone who has done the proper work on it!

Waiting to hear back from him as he does not list the motor nor what trans it has in it. Black on Black which is what I am really looking for. Hoping to take a test drive sometime next week

In MD I have yet to see an Ultrasport on the roads and I drive many miles everyday!

Old 04-08-2011, 08:45 PM
1st Gear

Oh and Dan........ That is one gorgeous ride you have!

Old 04-09-2011, 10:37 AM
1st Gear

$13K seems a little high for the mileage, probably means it's the 3.0 V6, but I'm not sure how much of a premium the Ultrasport package carries. I paid about $11K for an '02 1.8T Quattro with 62K miles on it 1.5 years ago from a dealer, but it's not an ultrasport, and at the time the T-belt hadn't been done yet. Usual caveats apply; SEE the paperwork on the maintenance, get it inspected, etc.

Good luck to you, and you're right, Dan's car sure is pretty. Wish mine looked that good and had the mods his does.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:40 AM
1st Gear

Well I cannot seem to find any USP for under $12,500 asking price. All of the ones I have found are for sale by private owners, not dealers. Of the three I have found the prices range from $15.8K ('05 1.8T 76K Miles Silver/Black 5sp Manual), $13.5K ('04 1.8T 82K Miles Black/Black 5sp Auto Paddles) and $12.5 ('04 3.0 V6 76K Miles Black/Black 6sp Manual). KBB has the USP listed at $12.8K for Excellent and $12.1K for Good.

Since my last post I have found out it is a 1.8T, manual with paddle shifters. I will still take it for a test spin and talk to him about the price, that is if he has not sold it by the time I meet with him.

Once again I thank all of you for the wealth of knowledge and insight you have shared so I can make an informed decision on my first Audi. Thanks!!

Last edited by AccuTec; 04-10-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:19 AM
dan
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by AccuTec
1.8T, manual with paddle shifters.

um... thats not possible. Manual OR paddle shifters... can't have both

Old 04-11-2011, 06:23 AM
1st Gear

Sorry! Meant Automatic.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:13 AM
1st Gear
Exclamation Update!

I have been all over 3 different states looking/driving various A4's. I stumbled upon an '04 A6 S-Line that is in mint condition and that has now thrown me for a loop!

I am at the point where I am focused in on two vehicles:

'04 A4 1.8T 6 Speed (non USP) that is Burgundy with Gray interior (never seen that color on the road), 64+K miles on it for $11,400.

'04 A6 S-Line 2.7T 5 Speed Auto/Trip that is Green Pearl with Beige interior, 86K (TB/WP/Batt done at 75K) for an asking price of $12,500. I have not spoken with this seller yet and will definitely talk them down to at least $12K. It IS MD state inspected as well.

My car, a '90 Miata with 184K is currently getting her timing belt, water pump and a few pulleys replaced. This is my daily 35mpg (10 gallon gas tank!) driver that I loooove to drive and these repairs will give me many many more miles of life as my daily commuter.

With my Miata being back up to par and in fantastic shape as my daily commuter, I do not have an issue with sacrificing the mpg between the A4 and A6 as it won't be used as a daily driver. I have been reading a lot of good reviews on both models as well as the usual maintenance issues that Audi has. I am somewhat perplexed at the pricing of these two models in that it seems there is only a few hundred dollars difference between the two?!?!? To me that says either the standard 1.8T A4 is extremely well built and is as luxurious as the 2.7T S-Line A6, or the A6 is a sub par automobile in which the luxury and 265hp are not worth much of anything.

The other factor I am keeping in the forefront is whatever I buy will be for my three daughters and I. I am a single Dad with 14, 10 and 8 year old girls. I want something very safe and roomy for when we go on trips and the eventual kids getting their licenses. As well what I am finding as a 6'2" 250lb guy, the A4 seat is just a tad skinny for my wide *** lol. I have yet to sit in an A6 so I have no comparison.

Once again I leave a novel sized post, but I got lots to say and ask fellas. I am looking to step into a realm that I am completely unfamiliar (not so much so now that I have been reading through the forums) and do not want to make a huge and costly mistake.

I am leaning more towards the A6 S-Line for the looks, sheer HP and ample room for my kids and I. BUUUUUUUUUUT I certainly would love to hear from all of you experts with your thoughts, suggestions and most definitely warnings.

Cheers

Joe

Old 04-23-2011, 08:15 AM
1st Gear

Also copying/pasting this post to the A6 forum

Old 04-23-2011, 09:54 AM
Administrator

I replied over in A6.

Quick Reply: Desperate Search!